Thread: 70 burpees with a weighted vest

Default 70 burpees with a weighted vest

Really old school exercise..any one eles like them??

Anyone eles like this exercise...going to start experimenting with ways to make it harder etc... 6 weeks into doing them and i have from 89 to 79 kilo and still feel strong and light..started to ad weighted vest

this video is good bench mark to start 300 in 22.00 minutes as a start

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH7YGkDZCLI

Good training to you.

Quote Originally Posted by akiraB View Post
    Anyone eles like this exercise.

Fuck no, I loathe burpees. I loathe push ups, sit ups and all plyometric exercises. Can't fucking stand anything like that. I honestly feel that these things do absolutely nothing for me other than put unnecessary stress and strain on already injury ravaged body. I just want to drill techniques and spar. If I get injured whilst sparring then that's fair enough. If I get injured because I'm being made to jump up and down like a cunt for no good reason then I get a little emotional.

Weighted vest burpees are pretty hardcore if you're into that sort of thing though. I also have great admiration for guys (heavy guys especially) who can do lots of chin ups and pull ups. Even without a weighted vest they're an excellent test of strength and endurance.

Personally though, none of that is really my bag.