Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Russell Vs Andy Roberts, Essex Open BJJ

Porra!

Excellent technique in that takedown it must be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bravo View Post
    Ah, Roger Gracie Black Belt, Muchos Respect, sori no offance intend.
    LOL at Teddy Bravo pretending never to have heard of Andy Roberts. Seems like someone digs out a troll name to have a pop at Andy every now and then.
    www.carlsongracieteam.org.uk/

michael russell is awesome, and my prediction to win the submission 1000 2 (or 2000?!).

steve_langford

He's awesome to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    LOL at Teddy Bravo pretending never to have heard of Andy Roberts. Seems like someone digs out a troll name to have a pop at Andy every now and then.
    I wonder why

Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Boy from Ipanema View Post
    I wonder why
    I do wonder, you want to explain?

Great showing. Just goes to show that people can be the same colour of belt but have different levels of ability.

Not all black belts are great in competition but may have the knowledge of a black belt and know how to apply techniques that a black belt shoould be able to do. However, in live sparring it is a different ball game as Andy found out.

After Mike competing with Gunnar in an exhibition grappling match going toe to toe with Andy would have been, em, less difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    I do wonder, you want to explain?
    err, I said I wondered why. What didn't you understand?

Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Boy from Ipanema View Post
    err, I said I wondered why. What didn't you understand?
    Thought you were being sarcastic, my mistake. - Correction i noticed the 'sarcastic' smilie you used.
    Last edited by Ross; 04-05-2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: correcting post now off phone

He got caught initially and never recovered. I don't see how people can infer that one is much better than the other or that they are at competing at different level just based on this...make at least 10 matchups between those 2 and then we can start to have an idea. Even the best are regularly caught when they comepete against very good oponents so I am always amused to see people drawing quick conclusions based on one submission...although I must say the technique is quite amazing !