Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Thank you to Essex Open

what an absolute clown. how disrespectful. If you know that much about the sport as your opinion states you would know that masters fight do not go on for ten minutes. Its funny how many people sit behind their laptops and put other people down...... clown

LOL Mr 1 post.

i went out of my way to sign up just for you my fren. I do not intend on sitting behind a keyboard insulting ppl ( except you of course ) unless i have something worth while saying. you should follow that advice. clown

Quote Originally Posted by fightingfitness44 View Post
    i went out of my way to sign up just for you my fren. I do not intend on sitting behind a keyboard insulting ppl ( except you of course ) unless i have something worth while saying. you should follow that advice. clown
    Look my fren. I respect Eduardo and Leo. I was wrong to assert he knew the time limits, he clearly was misinformed but that was not what I took offence from anyway. I don't want to start any shit between both these guys who have big achievements in BJJ andrespect one another, they are grown ups and can work it out themselves. BUT. Personally - I did not like the conduct concerning the situation - on a human level I think it was off, the extra two minutes was a good compromise (eventually reached after much posturing) so everything is fine.

I really enjoyed the comp.

I think it really enhances it when you have loads of people around the mats (like at the English Open). It makes for a great team atmosphere.

Only criticism would be some bad scoring.. One ref was giving 3 points for a sweep, and must have done it for a number of matches until someone told him that it should be 2?

I really enjoyed it too. Again, thanks to Meg, Marc, Dave and everyone who made it happen and to Origin BJJ for hosting it.

There are some matches here courtesy of Badshahcombatsports including the last bit of Leopoldo vs. Eduardo:

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...batsports&aq=f

A great atmosphere there!

Al

PS 'Scuse my ignorance, but who are VN Team? Google doesn't bring back anything... Thanks.

VN Team = Valmyr Neto's Team
    Proud to be sponsored by tatamifightwear.com