Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BAMMA 6 Post Mortem

Default BAMMA 6 Post Mortem

Although we were unable to attend the event we did watch live and noticed a few things others may not have. Have a look at what we thought BAMMA did right as well as where we think they could improve for future events at www.britishmixedmartialarts.com

First post so go easy on us lol

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BMMAdotCOM View Post
    First post so go easy on us lol
    hope you die in a fire!!!!! [/sherdog]

just joking Welcome to the forum. will check this out tomorrow, cheers for posting.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

This would be the problem with watching on TV, not even being there but then attempting to tell everyone what went wrong!

Stools WERE provided, G-Matt who provided the Cage had corner stools, the fact that the corners decided to leave them outside and not bring them in for their fighters is there decision. This would be one of the things when watching live you will not have noticed but others may have.

John Phillips refusing vaseline is HIS call - it is not a foul, it is not against the rules and you simply CAN NOT be forced into having it applied if you so wish. John chose not. Incidentally the cut that caused the end was the cut to the forhead just above the eye, vaseline WOULD NOT have stoped that cut.

I am sure that your intentions are good, and you make some constructive and valid points, but levying the word "unprofessional" at a promotion in this instance may very well be reflected straight back at you.
    if you think its easy stop now

no one achieved anything by doing nothing

never argue with a fool

if fighting is a pursuit rooted in pain, you will find the best teachers have often absorbed the most punishment themselves......and remained standing

http://www.twitter.com/marcgoddard_uk

Thanks for pointing out those facts Marc, the article will be edited to reflect what you have told us. We are just starting out and appreciate all constructive critisism, it can only help us improve, much appreciated mate.

Thanks for your response and outlook. I did mean to adress the situation with Phillips and the vaseline as many have asked, especially via Twitter. Its a tough call but like i say you can not "force" anyone so to speak to have it applied. The cut to the side of the eye may have been prevented if vaseline was applied but the fight ending cut, the deep one was cause by a very well placed elbow coming straight onto its target and the vas would not have helped.

As I said you make some valid points, and BAMMA do take note. Good luck with your endeavours and website.
    if you think its easy stop now

no one achieved anything by doing nothing

never argue with a fool

if fighting is a pursuit rooted in pain, you will find the best teachers have often absorbed the most punishment themselves......and remained standing

http://www.twitter.com/marcgoddard_uk

Thanks Marc. We have edited the article to show others what you have told us. It's great to have someone as well placed as yourself come out and let us know whats going on. Cheers mate.

bamma is looking hot can only get better with syfy more people can view
    www.SAMIBERIK.com

The only thing that should be reviewed by watching on tv, is tv.
    Dan Hardy talks Swick, GSP and Daley and trains with new thai coach at Libery gym in Nottingham HERE

After having his lack of grappling skill exposed by Trigg, hard-hitting Phillips needs to get back in against another big hitting fighter to showcase his boxing ability and remind us why we were so excited to see him fight. Ewin showed in his bout with Salaverry that he has the one punch power to change a fight. With both fighters coming off loses this bout makes sense to clear up who is the next in line to challenge for the middleweight title.

I'm missing something here right?

Great spot mate. Dunno how that one got through! Thanks for pointing it out