Thread: Creating a website?

Default Creating a website?

Are there any web designers on here? I just have a few questions.

I've drawn up an idea of a website in illustrator. How easy will it be to get this from an image to an actual website?

I have no idea when it comes to HTML coding etc. It's not a big website, there won't be any thing to buy on there / people log in etc. It's just going to be a website to show off a few products etc.

While it's not a big website I don't want to use templates or anything as I've had suggested to me a hundred times lol

Thanks alot!!

Its very difficult to have a functioning website built in Adobe illustrator. You can however replicate the look in Photoshop and then Export the image and slice for HTML.

There are lots of tutorials on Image Slicing in photoshop and exporting to html.

Good luck!
    I don't believe in belts. There should be no ranking system for toughness.

I know you stated you did not want to hear this - but I highly recommend using templates - but wait..

sign up to google, sign up to google apps, make yourself a adminstrator and them use the google site to host your website and check through the templates - its easy and they are pretty decent - difference is you are not having to backward engineer the templates you simply populate them with the data you want - also google apps is HEAVY - I run my entire business with it - that means it manages multiple email accounts, blogs, sites and all the contacts, calenders etc are fully transferable etc - really useful
    Last edited by ShaolinSubz02; 28-11-2011 at 12:54 PM.

^^^^^ this
    I don't believe in belts. There should be no ranking system for toughness.

Wordpress is King!