Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Catch Wrestling Canada

exactly, and my opinion is after a week of training catch he's not good enough to charge people for it. i wasn't 'nasty' until he dodged all the valid questions and tried to hide the evidence
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

So don't pay him any money and don't be instructed by him. Simple. If people are willing to part with money for his instruction then they (the only people who matter in this debate) obviously see value in his instruction. But if you have never trained with him to tell him he's shit makes you a hypocrite. You are saying he is a cunt for not having enough knowledge but you have no 1st hand experience of his methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    So don't pay him any money and don't be instructed by him. Simple. If people are willing to part with money for his instruction then they (the only people who matter in this debate) obviously see value in his instruction. But if you have never trained with him to tell him he's shit makes you a hypocrite. You are saying he is a cunt for not having enough knowledge but you have no 1st hand experience of his methods.
    if i set up in the same town as you, selling suits or whatever you do now. when i'd only had a weeks worth of experience then you'd make people aware they were going to be buying dodgy goods

Do you live in the same town and do you run a catch wrestling gym?

no one runs a catch wrestling gym

I'll take that as a no to both then.

He may be looking to achieve something that differs from your goals and aspirations. No need for you to attack him. I know fuck all about either BJJ or CW and from what I've read it just seems you are being harsh. That is my opinion. Why don't you just agree to disagree because the only person coming across as a twat on this thread is you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    I'll take that as a no to both then.

He may be looking to achieve something that differs from your goals and aspirations. No need for you to attack him. I know fuck all about either BJJ or CW and from what I've read it just seems you are being harsh. That is my opinion. Why don't you just agree to disagree because the only person coming across as a twat on this thread is you mate.
    clearly, so why are you getting involved?
    he's talking down the effectiveness of bjj while running an mma gym in the same town that good friends of mine run gyms. so ifit's not affecting you, take your own advice and fuck off

It has affected me because I was contacted earlier today by someone who complained of your attitude on this thread. So as a mod I tried the softly softly approach to get you to stop. This hasn't worked obviously.

Stop being a dick.

Is that better?

no

10 characters

To be fair to David, if this guy is teaching people after just a weeks tuition then he is a fraud. If this was a BJJ gym then the BJJ police (led by DCI Rob T) would be on to them, and quite rightly so. If he is a legit coach ( I don't know how this shit works in catch?) then he has the opportunity to defend himself. If not, people deserve to know that the quality of their tuition isn't up to scratch.

And BTW, if anyone doubts that BJJ can be painful, please pop down to GB Sheffield and tell John Goldson that. He may persuade you otherwise