Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic not retiring yet

Default Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic not retiring yet

UFC president Dana White confirmed to ESPN.com Wednesday the Croatian will return to the Octagon despite suffering brutal knockout losses in his past two fights.

check link for more http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/...ory?id=6590723
    www.SAMIBERIK.com

That is just depressing.

Yeah it's time to leave the game.

His recent performances have been pretty heart breaking considering what he once was, but he would still take out Struve, Mitrione, and probably Rothwell, wouldn't mind any of those fights...
    The mind of the believer stagnates. It fails to grow outward into an unlimited, infinite universe.

It's grim viewing watching Cro Cop plodding along. He has nothing left and he doesn't seem to want it when he's in the cage yet he won't hang them up.

He should, IMO, have retired 12-18 months ago.
    A pale shadow of the once great warrior he was.
    REFEREE with MMA Officials

Quote Originally Posted by Zanmato View Post
    His recent performances have been pretty heart breaking considering what he once was, but he would still take out Struve, Mitrione, and probably Rothwell, wouldn't mind any of those fights...
    Would love Mirko to go out with one more head kick ko against one of these three.

I whole heartedly disagree. With his last loss, as much as he lost it badly - he really pressed the fight as it went further on. Became aggressive and wanted to exchange. I've not seen that for a long time. His k.o I would say was a lapse of concentration rather than lacking the required tools. He looked a bit more conditioned and bullied the fight a bit. If he keeps that, I believe he will have at least 3/4 decent fights. Prior to this loss - I also though he should retire. Funny how even though it's a loss, I feel different about it. Must be 'cos of Hippolyte surely..
    "Awww, so you lost darling - but it's the taking part that counts" My Mum... thanks for nothing Mum.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanmato View Post
    I don't think he'd beat any of these guys to be honest. To me, he's still a K1 fighter trying his hand at MMA.

He has no subs, he has no wrestling, and whilst his takedown defence has improved, that alone wouldn't be enough.

Mitrione would smash him