Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SAMI BERIK vs KEVIN DONNELLY - KNUCKLEUP "STRENGTH and HONOUR" JUNE 25th

No offence, but why would a fight be stoped due to a left hook to the eye? I thought it was a fight? If a fight should be stopped due to a punch, what you meant to do?
    It was a great fight and Sammi moved very well and FairPlay he survived an awesome first round. That punch was a good clean hook and he seemed to accept it after the fight.
    The ref had a good night and didnt make one miss call all night.
    I hope Sammi is ok but come on it was a fair call
    http://www.jaymeanstreakmortimore.com/index.php www.lionsdenuk.co.

A punch would have been all that would have landed, having known and trained with Kev for a number of years I can confirm that he punches with his fingers in (as a punch should be thrown).

Wasnt sure if Huseyin was trying to insinuate a poke had taken place (forgive me if this isnt the case Huseyin).

Quote Originally Posted by ReD_mIst View Post
    Is a punch to the eyescocket a foul blow? Clearly a poke in the eye is, but a punch???
    From where I was sitting (opposite side of the cage to you) it looked like a closed fist, left hook that dropped Sami

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post
    From where I was sitting (opposite side of the cage to you) it looked like a closed fist, left hook that dropped Sami
    Not sure what your point is? That doesnt answer my question at all!

I think the glove caught his eyeball cause sami wouldnt go down like that, paramedics checked it after he couldnt move eye left to right, i know it wasnt intentional Kev's a cool guy it was just one of those things.
    www.SAMIBERIK.com

also aaron your intro for sami was top class
    www.SAMIBERIK.com

oh another thing Kev didnt make weight the title fight should of been of but thats another thing
    www.SAMIBERIK.com

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

Quote Originally Posted by HuseyinBerik View Post
    also aaron your intro for sami was top class
    Thanks, I have a lot of time for Sami... he has carved his own unique path through MMA and always comes to fight. He deserves the respect

Was a class experience to fight on the show and really nice to see exmouth again.
    Was a punch to my eyeball. lol
    Afterwards I didnt contest anything because bottom line i gave crappy performance on my behalf and I should have let the punch go through.
    If the ref calls it that. Amen so be it. Im not appealing or anything or taking away anything from kevin.
    Touch and go. I fight. required to work on floor game , left it for a while. My point of attention is there.
    I disagree with any strikes directly to the eyes allowed in mma whether it be knuckle or finger though.

mma is just a game based on a duel where we play with our arguments of physical expressions to the point where we stop when its time to..... We dont play for keeps. The moutain of a mole of it is purely for marketing purposes,lol

www.samiberik.com

boxingbrit

It was great to catch up with you, excellent entrance and entertaining as always Sami. I hope you continue and i get to watch you fight again Sami