Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Cage Contender doesn't pay fighters

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    THEE Mark Connor markjitsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    glasgow, scotland
    Posts
    2,441

    Default Cage Contender doesn't pay fighters

    Unfortunately it has come to the point when I must now expose the fraudulent way Cage Contender and it's promoter John Ferguson has treated the fighters who fought on his show.
    I fought in the main event of the most recent Cage Contender , 30th April (5 weeks and 3 days ago). I signed a contract which stated I would be paid via bank transfer, within 72 hours (3 days) of the event.

    I HAVE STILL NOT BEEN PAYED.

    During the event and leading up to my fight, John Ferguson told me several times, how important the fighters are to him and if I needed ANYTHING at all - just ask.
    This doesn't ring true though, as everytime I ask to be paid, the money doesn't materialize.
    I have pretty much lost count now of the endless excuses for why I haven't received any Money yet - one day it's "I've already paid, it'll be in your account tomorrow", the next day it's "I'll pay you next week".
    These statements are clearly lies, as they are not even compatible with each other.
    I know at least one other party owed money from the last Cage Contender, and I also know that this has happened at his previous shows with other fighters.

    This behavior cannot be tolerated - it is fraud.
    Anyone else having or had problems with Cage Contender or John Ferguson, please let us know...
    PROFESSIONAL MMA SHIT.
    LIKES FREE STUFF.
    GIVE ME MONEY.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markjitsu View Post
    Unfortunately it has come to the point when I must now expose the fraudulent way Cage Contender and it's promoter John Ferguson has treated the fighters who fought on his show.
    I fought in the main event of the most recent Cage Contender , 30th April (5 weeks and 3 days ago). I signed a contract which stated I would be paid via bank transfer, within 72 hours (3 days) of the event.

    I HAVE STILL NOT BEEN PAYED.

    During the event and leading up to my fight, John Ferguson told me several times, how important the fighters are to him and if I needed ANYTHING at all - just ask.
    This doesn't ring true though, as everytime I ask to be paid, the money doesn't materialize.
    I have pretty much lost count now of the endless excuses for why I haven't received any Money yet - one day it's "I've already paid, it'll be in your account tomorrow", the next day it's "I'll pay you next week".
    These statements are clearly lies, as they are not even compatible with each other.
    I know at least one other party owed money from the last Cage Contender, and I also know that this has happened at his previous shows with other fighters.

    This behavior cannot be tolerated - it is fraud.
    Anyone else having or had problems with Cage Contender or John Ferguson, please let us know...
    I don't mean to make light of this shitty situation mate, but looking at your sig, have you tried demanding physical rights to the gentleman in question's wife/girlfriend in lieu of payment?
    Tea Drinker for Life, but preaching tolerance for the Children of Coffee.

  3. #3
    John Ferguson
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markjitsu View Post
    Unfortunately it has come to the point when I must now expose the fraudulent way Cage Contender and it's promoter John Ferguson has treated the fighters who fought on his show.
    I fought in the main event of the most recent Cage Contender , 30th April (5 weeks and 3 days ago). I signed a contract which stated I would be paid via bank transfer, within 72 hours (3 days) of the event.

    I HAVE STILL NOT BEEN PAYED.

    During the event and leading up to my fight, John Ferguson told me several times, how important the fighters are to him and if I needed ANYTHING at all - just ask.
    This doesn't ring true though, as everytime I ask to be paid, the money doesn't materialize.
    I have pretty much lost count now of the endless excuses for why I haven't received any Money yet - one day it's "I've already paid, it'll be in your account tomorrow", the next day it's "I'll pay you next week".
    These statements are clearly lies, as they are not even compatible with each other.
    I know at least one other party owed money from the last Cage Contender, and I also know that this has happened at his previous shows with other fighters.

    This behavior cannot be tolerated - it is fraud.
    Anyone else having or had problems with Cage Contender or John Ferguson, please let us know...
    Mark you and your management are well aware that I have been off work being treated for illness.

    I confirmed by email to your management last week that it would be sorted the second i was back to work and this is still the case.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Ferguson View Post
    Mark you and your management are well aware that I have been off work being treated for illness.

    I confirmed by email to your management last week that it would be sorted the second i was back to work and this is still the case.
    It appears you have a reasonable track record.

    It would perhaps be a good idea if you could post an exact date this will happen for the avoidance of further doubt.

    Once this date is honoured a confirmation from the offended party could conclude this thread.

    I do to some degree agree with the OP regards the use of the phone however I also understand that when people are unwell , getting well should be and often is the main priority and all else rightfully gets put on hold.

    This can sometimes mean that the emotion and willingness of the patient to want to resolve external situations more swiftly than is realistically possible leads to slightly inaccurate information being supplied with regards to timescales of resolution of said external situations.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BakedBean View Post
    It appears you have a reasonable track record.

    It would perhaps be a good idea if you could post an exact date this will happen for the avoidance of further doubt.

    Once this date is honoured a confirmation from the offended party could conclude this thread.

    I do to some degree agree with the OP regards the use of the phone however I also understand that when people are unwell , getting well should be and often is the main priority and all else rightfully gets put on hold.

    This can sometimes mean that the emotion and willingness of the patient to want to resolve external situations more swiftly than is realistically possible leads to slightly inaccurate information being supplied with regards to timescales of resolution of said external situations.
    hahaha i am trying to get out of a parking ticket, can you help ?

    If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bateman View Post
    hahaha i am trying to get out of a parking ticket, can you help ?
    Yes................................

  7. #7

    Default

    so mark is telling the truth and he hasnt been paid?
    They call me Tel. But its Mr. Tel to you!

  8. #8
    John Ferguson
    Guest

    Default

    of course he is telling the truth, he has no reason not to. It was a series of cock ups at our side that left 2 out of 28 fighters not paid. Not making an excuse for it because Mark is correct it is not on and shouldn't have happened. And as stated the minute I am back from my med treatment it will be sorted.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Ferguson View Post
    of course he is telling the truth, he has no reason not to. It was a series of cock ups at our side that left 2 out of 28 fighters not paid. Not making an excuse for it because Mark is correct it is not on and shouldn't have happened. And as stated the minute I am back from my med treatment it will be sorted.
    how can you post on here and not use your online banking facility to pay Mark ?

    or maybe your efforts are best directed at getting someone to pay him rather than your effort posting on here defending yourself... just an idea

    If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

  10. #10

    Default

    good to see a promoter being straight and admiting it was a cock up but a shame that mark and his team felt they hadnt got a satisfactory answer before hand cause now its on a forum for the world to see and potentially damages both parties
    They call me Tel. But its Mr. Tel to you!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.