Thread: Glenrothes gyms

Hybrid View

Default Glenrothes gyms

Hey, Ive just moved to Fife and Ive seen a couple of gyms around Glenrothes/Markinch.
    Urban Disturbance and Team Unity. Im going to pop along to both and see whats best suited for me but the only issue is Urban Disturbance has a Muay Thai class that Id like to attend and Unity has a BJJ class Id like to attend.

I assume alot of gyms wouldn't like their students training at other rival facilities. I know Team Unity has boxing classes as well but cant see anything else in terms of stand up.

Just wondered if anyone on the Cage Warriors forums have had much experience with either two gyms and coaching staff.

Cheers

Jd

Both gyms have awesome coaching , give them both a try
    www.vale-tudo.co.uk

Hi JD

I'm a student of Urban Disturbance

Urban train No gi, wrestling and judo, plus thai boxing

Unity train BJJ and boxing

it really depends on the Arts that suit you

Urban have a gentlemans agreement with Unity so our students are welcome to train at thier gym, a few of our lads attend the BJJ classes at Unity, and every so often we have an interclub training session at either Unity or Urban.

the best idea is to take a session at each gym and see which one fits best

hopefully see you on the mat at Urban soon, you'll recognise me by my Shinya Aoki style tights, haha
    Last edited by Romeoblood; 12-06-2011 at 02:07 PM.
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

Wee stuart has it tied up there mate,

At unity we dont mind other students training at our facility, we welcome it more than anything. All classes 3 but with exeptions to the bjj and grappling which is members only. We have a very well established thia boxing gym next door to our facilty so everything is under 1 roof.

But as willie said try the 2 gyms and settle in the place you feel more comfortable.

Your welcome to train at both clubs if u want dude.
    Just go along and see what u like. Both gyms have their own Pros and Cons depending on what you are looking for but both are welcoming and have great guys as coaches and students.
    Urban Disturbance Fight Team
    Black Devils Thai Boxing
    Anarchy MMA

20ft Cage Hire available(See website or PM for details)
    www.urbandisturbancefife.com

Hi, Ive recently moved to Glenrothes & looking for places to train as well.
    Im just looking to do Thai, not MMA. A few people have mentioned Sortaksin Muay Thai, does anyone know anything about them?

we have a club list up on www.themmashow.info best place for real info
    www.themmashow.info www.facebook.com/themmashow @mma_show

Not Trained at Urban but heard they are good.Would highly recomend Unity tho as I've trained with them.Great bunch of guys and one of the best BJJ coaches in the UK
    Gladiatorial Combat Legends Gym David "The Gladiator" Galbraith

Sortaskin is in Markinch in the old Haig building. It is next door to Team Unity. It is run by Mark Cuggy. Mike Dempster is also there coaching.

Urban(Whitehill Industrial Estate, Glenrothes) has it's own Thai classes and club(Black Devils) that has myself and Alan Ferns as coaches.

Pay a visit to both clubs and see what suits you.
    Urban Disturbance Fight Team
    Black Devils Thai Boxing
    Anarchy MMA

20ft Cage Hire available(See website or PM for details)
    www.urbandisturbancefife.com

hi there - we've recently set up a new website for Mark Cuggy at http://sortaksin.co.uk
    found this page by googling his name, so thought the link would be of use for anyone looking for similar info - hope that's alright!
    Cheers,
    Mark@MediaChimps