Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Billy Robinson Catch Wrestling Seminars hitting the UK in September

The bold guy seemed decent but abit full on at times when showing the moves and he was yelled at by Billy if he did a move wrong
    I wouldn't say he was shit tho
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

The only bars i go to are Arm Bars, Knee Bars and a Mars Bar

Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post
    i'm not naming him.

i just thought what he said to me was quite interesting considering the allegations that the bald guy is a massive fraud.
    It's a bit pointless making an allegation about a guy and not naming your source; if you're not prepared to name the source, just keep the thoughts to yourself.

F

Quote Originally Posted by fishface View Post
    It's a bit pointless making an allegation about a guy and not naming your source; if you're not prepared to name the source, just keep the thoughts to yourself.

F
    as a "journalist" you should know what you've just written is really stupid
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by r-v View Post
    The bold guy seemed decent but abit full on at times when showing the moves and he was yelled at by Billy if he did a move wrong
    I wouldn't say he was shit tho
    Lol r-v, he did come across abit full on, but he was very helpful to the guys, helping them with the techniques. He got shouted at from Billy a few times, but Billy had a laugh with him at the same time, the same for Alex, he got some proper verbal abuse

Such a shame Billy was only over for a week.

F

Just to put my opinion on this.

Jake Shannon is an assistant coach under Billy and Alex Cook is a level 2 certified catch wrestler under Billy. Both are very capable guys, however Billy is VERY critical of everyones techniques etc and strives for perfection. So thats why he shouts at them for things. The reason for this is smple it was how Billy was taught by Billy Riley. Billy Robinson told me that the first time Billy Riley gave him a compliment was when he won the world title!

Jake is certainly not SHIT i was really impressed with him , jake doesnt profess to be a master, that is Billy! and Jake takes every opportunity to learn from Billy. Billy has so much knowledge it is impossible for someone to know everything that he knows, he is truly a world class coach and when he gets on the mat he changes and becomes almost 10 years younger.

I will be continuing to work with Scintific Wrestling to host futures seminars with Billy and i would like to thank everyone for their support and positive feedback. I will be passing this on to Billy & Jake

man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

All i know is at the minute Billy Robinson is the head coach and Jake is an assistant under him and nobody can dispute the legitimacy of Billy Robinson and he wouldnt give out an assistant coach level without it being earnt

Head Coach at Leicester Shootfighters
    Sponsored by Caged Steel and Empire Fight Shop

That Proteinwisdom site linked is run by a student of Tony Cecchine who claims to be an authoritative source on American Catch Wrestling himself and has been beefing with Shannon for years. If it's the same guy, he's "trained" under Cecchine via web seminars.

Say what you will about Scientific Wrestling's accreditation, but at least you have to be on the mat in person under the direct supervision of Billy Robinson to receive any kind of 'qualification'.

I believe the ripoff-report guy has also been in legal trouble himself so he's not exactly a bastion of truth one should go to. The best way to form an opinion is based on direct experience and forget the hearsay. You should be capable of forming your own opinion and not have it solely influenced by others, especially ones you don't know.

Also worth noting is the other 2 assistant coaches to Billy Robinson, Sam Kressin and Jesse Marez. Marez has a long history in traditional martial arts like Shaolin Kemp, Tae Kwon Do and Shorin ryu Karate, but he also spent 4 years learning from and coaching under NCAA All American Wrestler Harlen Kistler. Marez has coached High School Wrestling with students placing at the state level, and he's cornered MMA fighters at the grass roots level. He's based in the Inland Empire area of California, I believe.

Sam Kressin before getting into Catch Wrestling was already a BJJ Black Belt under Chris Hauter, a black belt under Rigan Machado. Kressin has his own little studio / gym in North County, San Diego California.

The only other assistant coach is Harry Smith who used to be in the WWE as DH Smith. He also spends time training with Josh Barnett when he can, but he otherwise lives and trains out of Florida.
    www.bloodyelbow.com - www.cagesideseats.com

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Gould View Post
    The only other assistant coach is Harry Smith who used to be in the WWE as DH Smith. He also spends time training with Josh Barnett when he can, but he otherwise lives and trains out of Florida.
    That's the son of the WWF's Davey Boy Smith and nephew/grandson of Brett Hart, Owen Hart/Stu Hart etc.