Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Billy Robinson Catch Wrestling Seminars hitting the UK in September

Yeh Billy really cares about the art and is a propa bastard during the seminare real old school but he would point out every little detail and give u a dig in the ribs if you fucked the move up lol however, he is a lovely ol boy
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

The only bars i go to are Arm Bars, Knee Bars and a Mars Bar

Slightly Sleazy

What Levo said, a real honour to train with Billy. The detail he has on the human body and using it to it's maximum potential was amazing.

I've had the honour of training with some legends including Marcelo Garcia, Roger Gracie, Braulio, Ryan Hall, Wanderli Silva, Pablo Popopovitc, Dean Lister and many more but Billy Robinson has to be one of the best seminars ever.

I attended at Ian Bromley's gym on Saturday and I echo the words of Levo, the guy's knowledge of the human body and using their weight to their disadvantage was immense; when he stepped onto the mats, the lads went silent as he started to talk about the human body and the seminar content was more or less the same as Levo's session.

Although his body is racked with injuries, he never complained, just walked about the mats, shouting at people when they got their hands mixed up (guilty as charged) but when you got the move right he gave you a big grin and a 'well done son' and a pat on the shoulder. Priceless.

There was a poor guy called Alex who he used to demo the moves and boy did he get some abuse from Billy, all light hearted and I have to say I will be deffo be using the throws and takedowns in no gi and may even try one in a BJJ comp, together wih the double wrist lock, catch style

Training with coach Robinson was on my Bucket List and I am so pleased to have shared the mats with a living legend of grappling; Roy Wood, another living legend, dropped in for an hour with his daughter Andrea, to watch and I spoke to Roy and he said it was great to see another coach share their take on catch wrestling.

Huge thanks to Ian Bromley for hosting the seminar and to Andy Crittenden for getting Billy over to the UK!

F

Double wrist lock

Quote Originally Posted by Sengoku View Post
    Double wrist lock
    +10

F

I attended Stockport and it was a phenominal seminar. Picked up so many little tweeks and what Carl & Nathan said all spot on. Truly an honour to learn from such a legend!

i heard from my friend who went that the bald guy in the pics who runs his association in america was shit at catch and didn't know what the fuck he was doing
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

David 5, who was your friend at the seminar?

The bald guy you slag off seemed pretty decent to me and the rest of the guys on the seminar and didn't look like he didn't know what he was doing.

F

Quote Originally Posted by fishface View Post
    David 5, who was your friend at the seminar?

The bald guy you slag off seemed pretty decent to me and the rest of the guys on the seminar and didn't look like he didn't know what he was doing.

F
    i'm not naming him.

i just thought what he said to me was quite interesting considering the allegations that the bald guy is a massive fraud.