Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ian Entwistle vs. Brad Wheeler II (Moderated) Thread

Default The Ian Entwistle vs. Brad Wheeler II (Moderated) Thread

Please use this thread to talk about the upcoming rematch between Ian Entwistle and Brad Wheeler at Cage Warriors 43 in London on July 9th.

I'm going to try and mod this thread

Rules are no idiocy, no over the top trolling, not going way off track.

Please keep all talk about this fight to this thread only (unless there are new interviews or write-ups on it)

No-one wants this forum filled with several dozen hate threads.

-

My take, i'm looking forward to the fight, let the best man win !

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Josh'The Judge' Simpson - Sapphire MMA -

Quote Originally Posted by iandean View Post
    Please use this thread to talk about the upcoming rematch between Ian Entwistle and Brad Wheeler at Cage Warriors 43 in London on July 9th.

I'm going to try and mod this thread

Rules are no idiocy, no over the top trolling, not going way off track.

Please keep all talk about this fight to this thread only (unless there are new interviews or write-ups on it)

No-one wants this forum filled with several dozen hate threads.

-

My take, i'm looking forward to the fight, let the best man win !
    So what your saying is Enty won't be allowed to post in a thread about his own fight

On a serious note I am looking forward to this aswell, may the best Brad win!

I just hope it doesn't end in a DQ, NC or a Draw, and that there is a clear winner, no excuses.
    No Pressure, No Diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    So what your saying is Enty won't be allowed to post in a thread about his own fight
    Hahaha! Well played sir. I don't think Enty's confidence will have been knocked at all by the first fight, he does seem to be one of those guys that believes in themselves no matter what, so I think it's down to Brad to hold his nerve and not get caught up in the heat of the moment. If Brad picks his spot wisely and turns up the heat at the right time, that might spark a bit of deja vu in Enty, and it could be panic stations for him.

The longer the fight goes on, the more I lean towards Brad. I'm gonna say Brad by (T)KO late in the third.
    Tea Drinker for Life, but preaching tolerance for the Children of Coffee.

I think Brad may have the upper hand coming into this fight, not just skill wise, but mentally.
    Brad now knows first hand the pace Enty will set, and he will be ready for that this time, and put it to him, he knows he will go for some subs, which he is fine with as he defended them all. but he has that in his mind now.
    Enty on the other hand goes into the fight knowing that this guy has already KO'd him, and that plays on anyones mind. be interesting to see if Enty comes out like a nutter again or tries to pick his moment knowing brad will KO him if he hits him

Quote Originally Posted by James-w View Post
    I think Brad may have the upper hand coming into this fight, not just skill wise, but mentally.
    Brad now knows first hand the pace Enty will set, and he will be ready for that this time, and put it to him, he knows he will go for some subs, which he is fine with as he defended them all. but he has that in his mind now.
    Enty on the other hand goes into the fight knowing that this guy has already KO'd him, and that plays on anyones mind. be interesting to see if Enty comes out like a nutter again or tries to pick his moment knowing brad will KO him if he hits him
    Said it better than I ever could have.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

Good post from James-W! Brad did weather the storm of leg kicks and submission attempts very well. Will be interesting to see if Enty has anything new in his game that will trouble Brad.

The explosive start will be the biggest test for Brad but I think it will be similar to the first fight. Fast start where Enty looks impressive then Brad will start to put his gameplay into action. Will be interesting to see how Enty stacks up mentally as he looked a bit frustrated in the last fight which led to that knee. Brad's composure was fantastic and I think he will be the more comfortable as the fight goes on.

Have to say though, I'm massively looking forward to this.

really looking forward to this fight, especially with all the hype sorrounding it.
    Staying classy since 1982!

I know Marc Goddard has to back up his decisions and being a ref is a thankless task but I can't help thinking he really regrets giving Entwhistle an out like that. He thought Entwhistle would get up and it would just be a docked point, I bet his stomach was turning when Entwhistle took the easy way out. Entwhistle seems to be the only person in the entire world who doesn't realise how obvious it was he gave up!