Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ian Entwistle vs. Brad Wheeler II (Moderated) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by scotty_82 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ian would you like to moderate that.
    Maybe put a spellchecker on it too!

Quote Originally Posted by Murphydeepheat View Post
    I know Marc Goddard has to back up his decisions and being a ref is a thankless task but I can't help thinking he really regrets giving Entwhistle an out like that. He thought Entwhistle would get up and it would just be a docked point, I bet his stomach was turning when Entwhistle took the easy way out. Entwhistle seems to be the only person in the entire world who doesn't realise how obvious it was he gave up!
    Yeah he might've quit, n quitting's a bit gay but he does provide some okay banter on here in a "punch" n Judy kinda way (lol), so he's alright in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post
    Bit of a hostile response eh?

Not sure if you were referring to my post with some of your points. All people can do is talk about what you have done. You come out fast and your fights don't last long, that's all the majority of people know about you. It's not an attack on you to say 'I dont know how Enty will be in the third round of a fight' because it's something I personally, haven't seen you do. (Not sure if you have at semi-pro)
    You don't have to defend yourself from every balanced opinion.

(I'm sure you wont want to divulge too much about your gameplan) but do you think you will take a more measured approach in upcoming fights? Look to compose yourself a bit and control the cage, set a more managable pace?

From what I have seen you rush forward with strikes, take it to the ground and look to overwhelm your opponent. Is this a common gameplan for you or do you look at each opponent and work out different strategies? It seems like you rush sometimes for the finish which may prove a bit more difficult against superior grapplers

(Not hating, just debating)
    you wont have ever seen me fight like am gonna do at cage warriors and u may never do again. am gonna hurt brad wheeler and nah i finnished all my semis in the first round and didnt get hit in any of them.

i dont rate the wheeley bins ability as a fighter but he is a tough lad and can take a lot of punishment but i dont think hes on my level as long as am sensible so am gonna take my time lock shit down and damage him. i know 2 beat wheeler av got 2 pretty much kill him and am more than cool with that

or am i bluffing and am just gonna sprint across that cage pick him up slam him 2 the floor and cave his head in extremley fast

one things for sure if i get him in a sub this time around am gonna take that body part home with me if he doesnt tap!!

I actually dreamt about this fight last night (I need to spend less time on this fucking forum). It was a proper dull affair, neither guy wanting to commit at all. Hope that's not an omen!
    Tea Drinker for Life, but preaching tolerance for the Children of Coffee.

Maybe your confident now, but come fight time and the reality of you about to have a fight kicks in, I am sure you will have that little doubt in your head, that this guy already KO'd me, and if i'm not carefull, he will do it again.
    Maybe you wont rush out, because that didnt do you any favours against a guy who is actually good! it's the gameplan of someone with no gameplan, and reading the shit you write on here, I just hope you have good coaches with a gameplan for this fight. but then coming out and thinking you can pick him apart is kind funny, he has a massive reach and hight advantage over you, and better boxing and power. he also has beter cardio too.

Stick to what you know, run out like a loon and hope he lands on his back. that way you may get your chance to finish it early, because god forbid this goes past 2 mins, you will have gassed out and Wheely bin who wears girls knickers will put you asleep again

respect!

Quote Originally Posted by James-w View Post
    Maybe your confident now, but come fight time and the reality of you about to have a fight kicks in, I am sure you will have that little doubt in your head, that this guy already KO'd me, and if i'm not carefull, he will do it again.
    Maybe you wont rush out, because that didnt do you any favours against a guy who is actually good! it's the gameplan of someone with no gameplan, and reading the shit you write on here, I just hope you have good coaches with a gameplan for this fight. but then coming out and thinking you can pick him apart is kind funny, he has a massive reach and hight advantage over you, and better boxing and power. he also has beter cardio too.

Stick to what you know, run out like a loon and hope he lands on his back. that way you may get your chance to finish it early, because god forbid this goes past 2 mins, you will have gassed out and Wheely bin who wears girls knickers will put you asleep again

respect!
    Fuck that, just run at him and windmill as many punches to his face as possible until you collapse from exhaustion. 1 punch has gotta get through.

Quote Originally Posted by enty View Post
    3 never had a tougher training camp av worked really hard and i feel av improved as a fighter, am sat hear writing this with a black eye a sore jaw and a bruised forehead thats how intence my trainings been. av also spent the last 8 weeks getting smashed in the face almost to even prove a point to my self even

4 people saying he longer the rounds go the more chance hes got i can honestly say av never done as meny rounds for a fight am in the best condition av ever been in for a fight like i said my training camps been brutal!!!
    In all seriousness now Ian (without you flaming me), is this the right way to train?

Getting smashed in the face resulting in a black eye, sore jaw and bruised forehead isn’t smart training nor is it intense. Getting smashed in the face to “prove a point” to yourself isn’t intelligent either. You cant train your jaw to be tougher. You can either take a shot or you cant but taking shots in the face and getting battered and bruised, to me, sounds like it would hinder your training due to possible injuries.

Surely what you should be working on is anti Thai clinch, working to finish subs, maybe working on guard passing so you’re not just attacking for footlocks so you can gain an advantageous position and your gas?

My 2 pence.

Or you could ignore me, shout me down and say I dont know anything.
    Last edited by Xanthic; 22-06-2011 at 12:56 PM.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

You know nothing, keep getting smashed in the face at training enty.

Maybe if you started using bats and hammers on your face to proove to everyone how hard you are training and that you have a solid jaw, youtube it though as proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthic View Post
    In all seriousness now Ian (without you flaming me), is this the right way to train?

Getting smashed in the face resulting in a black eye, sore jaw and bruised forehead isn’t smart training nor is it intense. Getting smashed in the face to “prove a point” to yourself isn’t intelligent either. You cant train your jaw to be tougher. You can either take a shot or you cant but taking shots in the face and getting battered and bruised, to me, sounds like it would hinder your training due to possible injuries.

Surely what you should be working on is anti Thai clinch, working to finish subs, maybe working on guard passing so you’re not just attacking for footlocks so you can gain an advantageous position and your gas?

My 2 pence.

Or you could ignore me, shout me down and say I dont know anything.
    you could have Greg Jackson post on here about how his training is shit, or Roger Gracie tell him his technique qas not so good, or David Haye tell him he has shit hands. and he would tell every one of them they dont have a clue and cunt them off.. some people can't be helped, I tried to nudge him in the right direction yesterday, but some people just don't get it!!

Just for reference sake can we have a clarification of what a back of the head shot will be classed as on this CW, i know big john uses the mohawk rule what will you be using ?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthic View Post
    CHUTE BOX!!!! It seems to have served them well enough and all of their major stars have aged well, without injuries...oh!

Ian Dean must love Enty, that fucker hypes fights better than anyone in the UK. He is still a dick though!