The Ultimate Grappling Challenge is back!
Shooto Germany and the German Grappling League ("Deutsche Grappling Liga") joined forces to realize the revival of Europe's toughest and most challenging Grappling competition: the "Ultimate Grappling Challenge". This event determines the strongest real Submission Wrestlers in each category, when no points and no time limits leave only one option for victory: Submission! On October 1st the UGC will be back in the Arena in Aschaffenburg (close to Frankfurt) and will showcase the finest and strongest Grapplers from all over Europe and the World. Please make sure to visit our website at www.kakutogi.net/ugc for all info about the UGC. You will also have the opportunity to register only and get great discounts on the fees. It is also possible to pay the registration fee online and safe via PayPal to secure another discount on your registration fee. Subscribe now and be part of Grappling History in Europe. Here is a list of some Competitors and Champions, who have fought in the UGC so far:
- Dean Lister (ADCC Champion, KOTC Champion, UFC and PRIDE Veteran)
- Andreas Schmidt (8times UGC Champion)
- Remco Pardoel (UFC Veteran)
- Cyril Diabate (Pride Veteran)
- Willamy "Chiquerim" Freire (Shooto World Champion)
- Franco de Leonardis (SHIDO MMA World Champion)
- Philipe de La Monica "Furao" (European Champion BJJ, Headcoach of Gracie Barra)
- Peter Mettler (European and World Champion FILA)
- Yasubey Enomoto (Sengoku Veteran and M1 Fighter)
- Peter Angerer (SHIDO MMA World Champion, ADCC Veteran)
- Daniel Weichel (M1 Fighter and European Vale Tudo Champion)
- Tito Beltran (M1 Fighter)
- Patrick de Caro (European and World Champion Grappling)
and many many more.....
Registration is now open for competitors from all over the world. Please visit www.kakutogi.net/ugc to read all about it!
We are currently in negotiations with the likes of Dean Lister, Yasubey Enomoto and Patrick de Caro for a Superfight at the UGC IX. More details will follow within two weeks.
The first registrations from Switzerland and Germany dropped in.
Superfights "Champions vs. Japan" announced
The ninth edition of the "Ultimate Grappling Challenge" on October 1st in Aschaffenburg will show three scheduled Superfights "Champions vs. Japan", when former UGC Champions will face top grapplers from the land of the rising sun.
The first two confirmed Superfights are:
-65 kg: Daniel Ackerman (Germany) vs. Kohei Yashumi (Japan)
-76 kg: Tito Beltran (Spain) vs. Takashi Kiyokawa (Japan)
One further Superfights is scheduled but still in negotiations.
Teams and Fighters from Netherlands, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, USA, Germany and Japan have confirmed their participation so far. A total of 3.500 Euro pricemoney is set for the winners of the divisions in the tournament.
Registration is now open at (only in english): http://www.kakutogi.net/ugc/ugc2011/...fe13/index.htm
Hope its a great success :-)