Thread: To fight Amateur MMA - Do you need a license?

Default To fight Amateur MMA - Do you need a license?

Simple question,
    Do you need a license to participate in a Amateur MMA bout?

Simple answer: No
    Nor in a professional one neither.

I'm guessing most events require you to have one?
    for example :- Takedown MMA state in their rules that "Each fighter must bring with them a full up to date license from their martial arts association."

Quote Originally Posted by TotalBobby View Post
    I'm guessing most events require you to have one?
    for example :- Takedown MMA state in their rules that "Each fighter must bring with them a full up to date license from their martial arts association."
    I would be extremely surprised if that was a rule they actually enforced because most people training MMA won't have any such thing.

What Pointy said dude!

You don't even need to be licenced to compete at Pro in the UK mate

The ONLY requirement that any show worth its salt will insist on, is that you pass a medical test prior to the fight! I would suggest if a show doesn't insist on a medical prior to fighting, I wouldn't want to be fighting on that show lol
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

Default Licence

It doesnt exist yet, but Marc Goddards campaigning for a legally recognized commision in charge of UK MMA that requires all fighter to be both registered and regularly health tested. But at this point in time nothing exists so any one can compete.

Mic, 'Your Say Videos'.