Thread: Griphouse Athletic Performance AM sessions

Dinky Ninja
    Paul McVeigh
    Pro Fighter

Default Griphouse Athletic Performance AM sessions

Heres the details if your interested let me know. Pow!

Griphouse Athletic Perfomance (G.A.P.)
    Cause heavy shit isn’t going to pick itself up.
    Early morning, strength and conditioning at The Griphouse.

What you get
    • Initial Movement Screening Assessment
    • Personalised warm up with corrective exercises.
    • 3 months of individual programming.
    • 3 coached training sessions per week for 12 weeks; that’s 36 group training sessions.
    • A bunch of other crap like nutrition plans, supplement stuff and an article entitled "How to Deadlift 3 times your bodyweight while listening to Beyonce"

This is for all you guys who have wanted to get into the awesome world of weight training but were not sure where to start. You will learn how to lift with impeccable technique; we will be emphasising quality movements not partial ranges with an inappropriate load. We will also be playing with plyometrics and some variations on Olympic lifts. Forget about the days of coming in doing some bench and a million bicep curl variations i.e. how Titan rolls.

In the last phase we will be doing some nutritional stuff to make sure everyone looks ridiculous by November.

By the end of the program you will be stronger, healthier, ,injury resistant, more athletic, more diesel and be a much better technical lifter, a skill that will stay with you for as long as you lift weights.

Date: 7/08/11- 31/10/11

Training Days: Mon 7am, Wed 7am and Sat 10am

Numbers: 5-7 people (first come first served guys if the demand is as high as it appears to be I might run a tues, thurs sun program.)

You have no idea how hard it was to not call this Griphouse Athletic Performance Enhancement (GAPE)

Got like 2 spaces left if anyones up for the maddness.
    MMA Strength, Conditioning and Awesomeness Blog- UPDATED 8/2/11 Random Musings prior to actual content http://maccavelli.wordpress.com/

I will be beaming in for this. Fear the Frakes!
    I am number 1, because Picard says so.

Ask Frakes!

Do you know a Fridgeless Fail? Send them HERE!

Griphouse Athletic Performance, a manly insighT.

DAY 1:

What a way to begin. After being presented with a sheeT outlining each seT, I was convinced of the manlyness of the program.

First up, we received an assessmenT into our ability to perform certain motions and bodyweight exercises, starting with the most manly, the squaT. Each assessment was performed individually and any errors in technique were instantly rectified with the judicious use of gay sex based slogans. Is it mere coincidence that benT and lifT both end with T? Is it!? Frakes must ponder this manly question.

The initial assessmenT and warm up were excellenT, each motion and exercise was personalised to meet the flexibility of the particular individual. Where one person found certain stretches easy, they would receive tips on how to make the exercise more worthwhile for their particular ability.

Each seT and lifT was fully explained and demonstrated with Coach Paul McVeigh on hand ensuring that all lifts were clean and technically perfecT. Speaking as someone with little experience in the world of weights, it was reassuring to have someone on hand rather than winging it as I would normally be.

What struck me the most was, even on the first day, every single motion was analysed and corrected. For example, the slightest movement of the foot during a squaT was meaningful and correcting some of these bad habits resulted in a much better quality of training. I'm quite excited to see the results of some of the small changes that I made to motions that had become habit through self training.

Frakes will provide regular updates on the progress, probably not every single day, but anything significanT.

If you have been considering this program but are unsure, be assured. You will not find this level of coaching with this level of personal attention at this price elsewhere.

Furthermore, you get to train alongside a valianT and manly beard.

What more do you want!?

FIRE!!!

Ask Frakes!

So are we going to get a Frakes diary on this?

I really should pay Paul some money to show me how to pick things up properly. Gutted I can't get out of bed for this.

good stuff Frakes.

I've been following the McVeigh Way religiously for the past few months and both Ian Dean and Rab Whiteford have accused me of being on the gear. Glowing praise indeed.

hopefully he'll keep this up and take on my new suggestion...no not gear.

Indeed, your name could be changed to Deansel at any momenT. This is the form which I hope to follow. Using the McVeigh slogan based encouragement along with technical lifting and exercise coupled with superior dieT, Frakes will become an even more valianT specimen than he is already.

Looking forward to tomorrow morning's session although I won't do a diary entry unless something significant happens or a change is made.

Ask Frakes!