Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best thai boxing gym in the uk ?

If I could train anywhere full time I'd go to Kiatphontip in leeds.Jompop kiatphontip head trainer and as far as It goes has got to be the best and most experienced MT trainer in the uk, over 160 fights, a southern thailand champion and held a number 1 ranking at Rajadamneon stadium and fought for Onsongchai.Speaks very good english+ trains people very hard.There maybe other gyms with guest Thais which will be good, but they inevitably have to go home, Jompops here permenantly. He also still likes to spar and clinch people!

Jompop is a legend, i wish he was closer to glasgow.

He came up to our gym with son was coaching and brought the gym to a standstill when they sparred.

Jompop is awesome but actually the most experienced high ranking thai is Parnpetch in oxford...married to english lady he was 2x Raja Champ, 250 odd fights and most exciting fighter at Lumpinee in his 20s... been here for a while

Bad Co the top gym for current champs without a doubt... but so many good gyms in this country....we are lucky

Yak sorry Im an ingnorant northener!!!Where does Parnpetch teach mate?, whose got him, think I need a road trip myself now!

scrap that iv answered that question

Yak, good shout for Arjarn Parnpetch. He's also an uber nice chap. Had privelege of meeting him several times.
    He's lived the good life now though eh? haha.
    If I was to youtube Jompop would it produce accurate results, or would I searching through jumble 'cos of the spelling?
    "Awww, so you lost darling - but it's the taking part that counts" My Mum... thanks for nothing Mum.

Thoughts on Master Sken in Manchester? I trained with him and Paul Thai for quite a few years up until the age of 17.

He is still teaching, putting on shows and has a huge Gym in Stockport!

Naturally master Sken has a great gym and we owe a lot to him for what he's done, plus helping a lot of good fighters get their base or start but as a gym, no it's not the best in the UK. A very good gym no less, but I'm speaking from hearsay from Nak Muay not my own experience. All hail Master Sken! Gneush!
    "Awww, so you lost darling - but it's the taking part that counts" My Mum... thanks for nothing Mum.

sken sucks

ocuna - yeah if you youtube "jompop kiatphontip" theres a couple of old fights from when he was about 16/17, a minute and a half of a more recent one, although its still old.theres also quite a bit of fotage of him teaching, sparring and a bit of him training.I like trianing with Jompop because he more than happy to spar/clinch with you.

I think master sken style is more akin to the dutch style with a lot of flashy additions rather than a traditional thai style.Just my opinion tho.No offence intended.