Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here train luta livre?

Hybrid View

Default Does anyone here train luta livre?

If so where did you learn it? from who? I trained a bit of it in brazil with a student of alexandre pequeno. It was amazing.

please no bjj vs ll bs
    Insert whiny message

trained with the luta livre guys a lot at BTT. also one time at RFT. both schools in rio
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

I think the kaobon guys are LL. But marcelo brigadeiro isn't over here anymore teaching, u think he went back to Brazil. From what I know of chatting to brig when I interviewed him and following his blog....mark scanlon is the highest ranked lutador in UK at the moment. But I could be wrong.

I have trained at Kaobon with Brig, he's been back in Brazil for a while now but Luis Besouro Jnr and Juliano Ninja Pin have been over in the UK teaching whilest he has been away. Paul Sass, Terry Etim and Mark Scanlon have also been covering the classes all of whown are great coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by graham cooke View Post
    I think the kaobon guys are LL. But marcelo brigadeiro isn't over here anymore teaching, u think he went back to Brazil. From what I know of chatting to brig when I interviewed him and following his blog....mark scanlon is the highest ranked lutador in UK at the moment. But I could be wrong.
    That's my understanding, too. I noticed a few chaps gym-hopping when Briga left (*cough* belt-hunters *cough*), but there has been no drop in the quality of coaching. Terry seems to do most of the classes now, and his coaching is excellent (as is Scanno's, Sass's etc.). Of course people will be missing Briga - he's not just a top coach, he's a really genuine fella too - but the senior lads in the gym are keeping the LL spirit alive and well.
    Tea Drinker for Life, but preaching tolerance for the Children of Coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post
    trained with the luta livre guys a lot at BTT. also one time at RFT. both schools in rio
    Who did you roll with at RFT? what did you think of the style? how was the class?
    Insert whiny message

I trained a bit in portugal in the 90s, my friend Carlo Prater is a solid LL
    exponent, crushing top game, very heavy hips

My coach who i have been training with for 11 years studied Luta liver before BJJ so my no gi game is
    Luta Livre based.