Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Football Season 2011/2012 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dave78 View Post
    im quite shocked at this as he had a really good pre season apparently!?

he'll do a really good job for someone
    He was never gonna fit in @ The scum. Just another impulse buy via Roman. Looks like he may go Arsenal. He'll feed well of Whilshere when fit.

Having said that. Arsenal have most probably table a bid of £250

Poor results for the London clubs, Arsenal & Tottenham on Sunday. I hear Arsenal were going to refund the tickets to the fans that travelled to Manchester.
    I think everyone would agree, you would feel totally gutted if this happened to your club ...

But its good of Arsenal & Tottenham F.C to offer a service of help to the fans over this Grey Sunday.
    Text your Tel No. and they will call them back for counselling and advise ...

The number to text is 82 51. Thats 8-2 5-1
    "He’ll never sell any ice cream going at that speed"

geez, it was a scoring orgy on Sunday in the Premier League.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Arsenal FINALLY signing a top class defender in Pier Mertersacker! Scott Parker puts in a transfer request and Joe Cole to Lille on loan...its all happening today!
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

Quote Originally Posted by Dave78 View Post
    Arsenal FINALLY signing a top class defender in Pier Mertersacker! Scott Parker puts in a transfer request and Joe Cole to Lille on loan...its all happening today!
    I thought Parker's move to Spurs was a done deal? I guess not. He's exactly what Arsenal need. I'm surprised that Arsene has gone for Mertesacker. Not that he isn't any good, but he's a big clumsy lump - not Wenger's normal style (Senderos is the notable exception).

Brian Clough, Jose Mourinho ...

and now Paolo Di Canio ...
    The "Aint wired up right, from birth guys"

"He’ll never sell any ice cream going at that speed"

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRabbit View Post
    I thought Parker's move to Spurs was a done deal? I guess not. He's exactly what Arsenal need. I'm surprised that Arsene has gone for Mertesacker. Not that he isn't any good, but he's a big clumsy lump - not Wenger's normal style (Senderos is the notable exception).
    I have totally got the wrong bloke (he IS going to Arsenal but is NOT who i thought he was )

Who is the German lad that played for Real up until fairly recently, REALLY good centre half! Can't remember his name, thats who i thought it was lol
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christoph_Metzelder

THAT'S who i thought they'd signed lol

very injury prone, but very talented
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

Mertesacker a big lump ???? Yes, he's very tall but very good in the air, he did pretty well considering Werder were pretty shocking last season. A much better buy compare to Cahill and Samba...

But it doesn't matter Liverpool signed a better player in Sebastien Coates ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Naz View Post
    Mertesacker a big lump ???? Yes, he's very tall but very good in the air, he did pretty well considering Werder were pretty shocking last season. A much better buy compare to Cahill and Samba...

But it doesn't matter Liverpool signed a better player in Sebastien Coates ;-)
    I'm not saying he isn't a decent player but he's not very fast and he's got the turning circle of the QE2- not a very Wenger-like signing.

Surely Arsenal need a CM? And why wait until the last minute when it was clear a long time ago that Fabregas and Nasri were leaving?