Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oct 9th Barnsley show MATCHING!!

It is me that nailed on is referring to. He used to rent a matted area in Maltby and I trained there for a while. I don't now where he gets his information from as I haven't seen or spoke to him since he cornered me last at the red mist event he mentioned that was after I apparently last trained. That in it's self says a lot about what he's saying. Oddly enough the karate gym I train at is at a sports centre in Sheffield that has a swimming bath. I can only assume hes been asking about me. Which is flattering! : )

I've got nothing to hide. My main sport is karate and always has been. If anyone doesn't want me on the card because I'm a karate fighter and don't train at an MMA gym please let me know. I won't be offended. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. Something nailed on takes huge advantage of. I haven't read his previous posts but I'd bet you pound to penny it's all slagging someone off. Or being a "keyboard warrior" as he like to call it!

Ross

Dont you think it would be wise to compete in a sport that you are currently training?

If you are not training in MMA or with guys who know MMA then why compete in MMA? we aint in '93 anymore.

MMA is the most realistic fighting sport there is and I want to test my skill against other trained fighters. I have had 2 MMA bouts before but am a novice I'm MMA. I don't want to upset anyone by competing and don't pretend to be anything I'm not. I wouldn't say I'm an MMA fighter because I'm not. I've replied to a few posts about MMA fights and said where and how I train and been offered a few fights. So I didnt think people would think that way. I know who you are Ross and know your a respected figure in the sport and value your opinion. If people don't want me to be on this event I won't be. Like I said before. I won't take offence. I didn't think it would be an issue.

Ross

Woah Bushido... I dont care what you do TBH i was just interested and asking questions.

Its up to you and the shows promoters to match you up and put you on the cards, i hope you all the best with it.

I personally just see it as me only training in Boxing and then competing in only Thai, but maybe im looking at it wrong.

P.S I am a karate Green Belt and proud.

Thanks Ross.

I do also compete in karate too. But it's all points fighting and doesn't test you in the same way.

Ross

Thinking about this and my green belt, seriously from now on

I'm Bringing karate Back....

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    I personally just see it as me only training in Boxing and then competing in only Thai, but maybe im looking at it wrong.
    Valid statement, I wouldn't be taking on a freestyle wrestler if I only arm-wrestled.
    I'm world footsie champion anyway but that's beside the point.

like i said earlier, without naming names, the mma world is getting wrecked by self promotion cos it causes mismatches, honesty is a precious commodity and if you cant be honest with yourself then how can u be honest with others!! as for the swimming baths and training i was on about your social network updates funnily enough, if i was from a striking background i would not be fighting no head shots cos its not testing your skillset really?? just remember the good old days when lads had an apprenticeship of hardship before being offered the opportunity to test themselves when the trainers new they where ready, not for facebook pics or forum chat!! but like you said bushido, i am very opinionated
    failing to prepare is preparing to fail

It's not no head shots!

Thanks guys. I was hoping it was just the MMA club I trained at that had the bad attitude but it appears that the majority in amatuer mma are nothing more than Internet troll bully boys that don't want an outsider playing in there gang. I know that's not everyone, I've met a few really nice people and I mean no disrespect to the people behind this event. They seem like good honest people. Makes me appreciate the respect amongst people in traditional martial arts. Where going to work outside your comfort zone is encouraged. I only joined this site to see what I'd been told was said about me. I won't be coming back on so put me down all you want. I'm sure nailed on will make up some truth for you on the situation.