Thread: Boxing clubs London

Default Boxing clubs London

Hi. I have recently moved to SE London, and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good boxing gym around here? I work full time through the day, and would ideally like some instruction.

Thanks

just posted on your peacock gym thread.. but you have eltham, gumshield who i would recommend first , or PM myself as I am a licensed boxing trainer or Bodyshots in crayford..

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Thanks a lot. Can you tell me how the boxing scene normally works? When I was doing thai boxing I would generally just turn up to a class, but I'm noticing that boxing gyms dont offer a lot of classes... Do you just turn up and train on your own with the bags? Or arrange an instructor or what? I've contacted gumshield. I would be interested in working with someone at some point though.

Thanks

most boxing clubs are pretty much 1 to 1 basis now. you sort out your trainer and then go to work with him. Maybe you and a couple of others at most. Give Gumshield a call (Ryan or Steve) and they will go through it with you.
    Otherwise you are probably best off just hanging a bag up at home and getting on with it on your own if you dont want a trainer.
    Its not really like Muay Thai where you get classes.
    Remember Boxing is a pro sport in the UK so a lot of clubs will be set up for that

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/