Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if this happened for Dan Hardy at UFC 111

Default What if this happened for Dan Hardy at UFC 111

So imagine going back in time and something different happened: George St Pierre V's Dan Hardy UFC 111. At the time GSP was under gradually mounting pressure to finish fights starting to be labelled "boring" while sponsors started to fall a sleep. Hardy meanwhile considered by some the best striker in the welterweight division with his self described underrated 10th planet jits.

Initially St-Pierre dominated the fight with his wrestling. He caught Hardy in the first round with an armbar, but Hardy refused to tap and eventually fought out of the hold. In the fourth round St-Pierre caught Hardy in a kimura while in the reverse-mount position which again he successfully defended. GSP has safely dominating the first four rounds without really hurting Hardy.

Moments before the 5th round with Gregg Jackson in GSP's corner telling him: "stick to the game plan" a moment of red mist washes over the Canadian. As he walks to the centre of the octagon for the final round GSP goes toe-to-toe with Hardy and unloads a 5 punch combination. The crowd in New Jersey roar. Then GSP steps back trying a couple of rangey kicks before closing the distance and throwing a jab and a cross which Hardy narrowly misses. Rogan comments on GSP's increased training at the Wildcard gym under Freddie Roach.

Hardy takes a couple of steps back before GSP uses his speed to close the distance again throwing a bundled combination with one final wild overhand right haymaker which Hardy narrowly slips then quickly glimpses his chance and catches GSP with a wild left hook. GSP is clearly wobbled and finds himself back against the cage. Hardy smelling blood stuffs a feeble take down attempt snarls and unloads a barrage of power punches. The ref leaps in and pulls Hardy away for a TKO victory.

My question to you is what would have happened next?
    Last edited by jayman2606; 24-08-2011 at 01:44 AM.

can i have my 2 minutes back please

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron View Post
    can i have my 2 minutes back please
    Unfortunately you can't I'm afraid. That's the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by jayman2606 View Post
    So imagine going back in time and something different happened: George St Pierre V's Dan Hardy UFC 111. At the time GSP was under gradually mounting pressure to finish fights starting to be labelled "boring" while sponsors started to fall a sleep. Hardy meanwhile considered by some the best striker in the welterweight division with his self described underrated 10th planet jits.

Initially St-Pierre dominated the fight with his wrestling. He caught Hardy in the first round with an armbar, but Hardy refused to tap and eventually fought out of the hold. In the fourth round St-Pierre caught Hardy in a kimura while in the reverse-mount position which again he successfully defended. GSP has safely dominating the first four rounds without really hurting Hardy.

Moments before the 5th round with Gregg Jackson in GSP's corner telling him: "stick to the game plan" a moment of red mist washes over the Canadian. As he walks to the centre of the octagon for the final round GSP goes toe-to-toe with Hardy and unloads a 5 punch combination. The crowd in New Jersey roar. Then GSP steps back trying a couple of rangey kicks before closing the distance and throwing a jab and a cross which Hardy narrowly misses. Rogan comments on GSP's increased training at the Wildcard gym under Freddie Roach.

Hardy takes a couple of steps back before GSP uses his speed to close the distance again throwing a bundled combination with one final wild overhand right haymaker which Hardy narrowly slips then quickly glimpses his chance and catches GSP with a wild left hook. GSP is clearly wobbled and finds himself back against the cage. Hardy smelling blood stuffs a feeble take down attempt snarls and unloads a barrage of power punches. The ref leaps in and pulls Hardy away for a TKO victory.

My question to you is what would have happened next?
    Hardy wakes up smells the coffee and proceeds to eat his breakfast reliving the amazing dream he just had!!!! (yes I am A GSP nuthugger but the man is just too God Dam Good!!!)

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

is there any way to move this thread into the wasteland on sherdog? think that's where 'if my mma auntie had a dick...' discussions go.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Hardy strode to the corner and drank a cup of Tea... because that is what happens in made up stories, in real life he would have sipped a Coffee had he won, but he never, so GSP enjoyed the fine taste of Coffee after the fight, because Coffee is for winners!
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

I think an legitimate/interesting query would be, and the question I think you're wanting to ask is, IF Hardy had won, who would've been his next opponent and would he still have ended up on such a terrible skid?

don't need a fanciful story to ask a relatively acceptable question.

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBOY View Post
    I think an legitimate/interesting query would be, and the question I think you're wanting to ask is, IF Hardy had won, who would've been his next opponent and would he still have ended up on such a terrible skid?

don't need a fanciful story to ask a relatively acceptable question.
    Indeed my slightly fanciful writing wasn't appreciated on this occasion. But yes you've articulated exactly what I was thinking.

Think his skid would have been just the same then, he wouldn't become better just because he won the belt, he lost those fights because either the opponent was better or his gameplan was awful (see lytle fight), belts dont change ability. Also it would have meant him fighting a higher calibre opponent whilst holding the belt / fights straight after losing the belt. So if anything, it would have been worse.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

I think he was unlucky in the condit fight (if his left hook was an inch more accurate and a second faster he might have won) and got drawn into fighting the wrong fight against lytle. It is only gsp and Johnson that have really dominated him in the ufc and that is the age old problem of British fighters lacking the sort of wrestling that the usa fighters have.

Hardy has a great chin but shouldn't have used it to block lytles punches and he maybe should have used more kicks and footwork against lytle. I'm glad he is still in the ufc but next time he has to fight smarter and play to his strengths as well as work on his weaker areas. I don't believe if he'd have beaten gsp that he would have successfully defended the belt as he is too easy to wrestlestomp and although it ain't pretty, thats exactly what koscheck would have done to him as number 1 contender at the time.
    Last edited by graham cooke; 24-08-2011 at 05:02 PM.