Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Griphouse semi pro interclub oct 16th

Default Griphouse semi pro interclub oct 16th

Griphouse MMA interclub date confirmed for October 16th. Already confirmed Oban MMA, southside MMA, hostile territory, lycans MMA all taking part. Any other gyms/ fighters intrested inbox me.

Interclub will be for guys considering fighting semi pro in the future, semi pro rules with extra padding.

Interclub level competition has proved to be really successful in Muay Thai in the past, the level of contact will be controlled and fights will be supervised by an experienced referee (fights will not be judged, no winner/loser will be declared. Fights will run the 3x4 min rounds so everyone taking part can get some competition time in)

like the sound of that! good for ppl to try it out before fighting in front of a crowd!
    James MacAlister BW pro 7-2-0 DNFT#1

This is a great idea. Should be a good day.
    Rob McCrum, Pro BW. www.bjjscotland.co.uk

Great idea, we have alot of guys coming through, a few fighting the week after at brawl in the bay i hope, put it to the boys monday

Great idea, hope it turns out very well
    Check out Your MMA on Facebook www.facebook.com/YourMMA

This is fantastic idea and excellent for young guys to develop skills and confidence. Very glad our club is a part of this!

is there weight categories?

Everyone taking part will be weighed in. Guys will be matched with in 2/3 kilos of each other were possible.

Quote Originally Posted by thaison View Post
    Interclub will be for guys considering fighting semi pro in the future, semi pro rules with extra padding.

Quote Originally Posted by jgowansedgemma View Post
    Great idea, we have alot of guys coming through, a few fighting the week after at brawl in the bay i hope, put it to the boys monday

thaison I saw jgowansedgemma post after you and I thought he meant "guys who currently fight are gonna use this as a bit of training before their fight at brawl at the bay"

Was wondering is this for guys who plan on maybe fighting semi pro MMA exclusively? (guys without a record) or will guys who currently fight semi pro (with records) be involved as well?

Thanks.

From the feedback ive had so far and clubs commited to the date the majority of the guys attending will have not fought semi pro yet but have intentions of doing so.

I like the idea of opening it up to guys with up to 1 semi pro fight. Guys with more than 1 semi pro fight who want to get involved can still come along and if there some one else there on the day to suitabley match them with we will do so. I wounldnt but guys with a few semi pro fights with a guy with no semi pro fights.

Guys will be asked about there background, training time, etc fortunately all the clubs coming along or expressing an intrest are clubs ive worked with in the past and know/trust. there has been incidents in the past with pro MMA fighters turning up at thai boxing interclubs and taking part and vice versa. The interclub is a great tool to bring guys through into the sport, the last thing we want to do is put people off.

Any the more expierenced semi pro/pro guys who want to come along there will be guys there to roll/spar with open mat style out with the actual interclub