Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dislocated finger

Default Dislocated finger

Dislocated my index finger at the knuckle this week and I am looking for anyone who has had a similar injury and how they nursed it better. I basically based out from top and just came down at a weird angle right onto the finger - it ended up pointing at a 45 degree angle in the direction that fingers are not meant to go.

Currently I am out of training for a while and I have it taped up when on the move and driving. Its by no means a lot of pain, but its swelled up like a cigar and so I am having to do most stuff single handedly, so not much change here

Got to say Ze snapped it back in really well - I did not even notice him do it. If anything it has made me serious again about taping up fingers from now on. Its also worth some of you considering this, especially if you need them for work.

Out of interest what sort of tape do you use and where do you buy it?

I use electrical tape but there must be something actually designed for the purpose?

sowi luke stop being a pussy, man up raaaaaaah jk hope it heals up man u took it like a soldier
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

The only bars i go to are Arm Bars, Knee Bars and a Mars Bar

use sports tape
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

Nice one, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by System Addict View Post
    Out of interest what sort of tape do you use and where do you buy it?

I use electrical tape but there must be something actually designed for the purpose?
    This is the exact stuff here (same as the image r-v shows)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...rev_prod_title

Its like a fabric tape and you can tear it into smaller strips. Its really good stuff and stays on even if you have hands that sweat like a pedo in a park.

Quote Originally Posted by r-v View Post
    sowi luke stop being a pussy, man up raaaaaaah jk hope it heals up man u took it like a soldier
    That was quite funny looking back "I am actually alright roy, its not that bad..hold on need to sit down, going to puke!"

Quote Originally Posted by LukeH View Post
    This is the exact stuff here (same as the image r-v shows)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...rev_prod_title

Its like a fabric tape and you can tear it into smaller strips. Its really good stuff and stays on even if you have hands that sweat like a pedo in a park.
    Looks good cheers. Which works better, 25mm or 50mm?

Iget the 50mm but half it width wise last longer u see
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

I got similar injury 10 weeks ago, without dislocation. Finger went sideways and buggered up ligament on one side of biggest knuckle on ring finger.
    Because as you say it didnt hurt too bad I strapped it and kept on training.
    Truth is I know Im prolonging recovery but I cant face stopping training.
    I've taken to wearing one mma glove which is very effective if you can stand the piss taking lol.