Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bjj and drug use (Serious)

The thing with skunk weed, which happens to be very popular with people who smoke weed (particurlarly, and very sadly, youngsters) it has such high levels of thc (tetrahydracannibinol - the active ingredient that gives individuals the high) that it is seriously affecting mental health. Young people who have very bright futures smoking skunk, and has ended up having serious affect on their education and relationships with family and friends. Another thing with skunk is that other substances are added to it to increase the weight of it (so the dealer selling it, makes more money because it weighs more.) Only thing is, what's being added to make it weigh more are the following.. sand, fiberglass, crushed glass. Pretty fucking scary!

There has been an increase in young people being admitted to psychiatric units who have been smoking skunk with skunk psychosis. I'm not stating that's the only reason as it could come down to people who may be more susseptable to a mental health condition than others but I find it alarming. Also, I'm not saying that everyone who enjoys a spliff after training or at weekends is going to end up in a psychiatric unit, it's just my view and my experience where I have witnessed the affects of skunk.

Have to agree with, Dickie, on the alcohol. Legal, yet the costs (financially, emotionally, physically, psychologically, family break up, domestic violence, driving under the influence) outweigh all the other drugs. Nasty drug, man.
    'STAND FAST'

I have a bigger issue with training partners who are 'roided out their tits and trying to tear me in half during sparring than I do with the dude who gets stoned on a Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendy View Post
    The thing with skunk weed, which happens to be very popular with people who smoke weed (particurlarly, and very sadly, youngsters) it has such high levels of thc (tetrahydracannibinol - the active ingredient that gives individuals the high) that it is seriously affecting mental health. Young people who have very bright futures smoking skunk, and has ended up having serious affect on their education and relationships with family and friends. Another thing with skunk is that other substances are added to it to increase the weight of it (so the dealer selling it, makes more money because it weighs more.) Only thing is, what's being added to make it weigh more are the following.. sand, fiberglass, crushed glass. Pretty fucking scary!

There has been an increase in young people being admitted to psychiatric units who have been smoking skunk with skunk psychosis. I'm not stating that's the only reason as it could come down to people who may be more susseptable to a mental health condition than others but I find it alarming. Also, I'm not saying that everyone who enjoys a spliff after training or at weekends is going to end up in a psychiatric unit, it's just my view and my experience where I have witnessed the affects of skunk.

Have to agree with, Dickie, on the alcohol. Legal, yet the costs (financially, emotionally, physically, psychologically, family break up, domestic violence, driving under the influence) outweigh all the other drugs. Nasty drug, man.
    great post

Amongst other things, I have smoked a lot of skunk.

I am not mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendy View Post
    I find it alarming
    Personally I am more alarmed by the utter pointlessness of twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by daddybaresi View Post
    Amongst other things, I have smoked a lot of skunk.

I am not mental.

Personally I am more alarmed by the utter pointlessness of twitter.
    if someone were truly mental, would they know? lol
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

the voices would tell me......

Quote Originally Posted by Neil_D View Post
    I have a bigger issue with training partners who are 'roided out their tits and trying to tear me in half during sparring than I do with the dude who gets stoned on a Saturday night.
    'roided out their tits' ? do you assume that everyone who takes 'roids' is a massive monster who foams at the mouth and eats small babies ?

how do you identify a 'roid' user ?

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Yes i agree that drink is a drug.

I got into alot of trouble over drink few years ago which had serious consequences to my life

I dont drink anymore and i guess i have replaced the drinking out with mates with bjj
    Last edited by akiraB; 02-09-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Thankyou for sharing that AkiraB and its impressive how you have turned your life around.

Thank you for sharing that AkiraB. Concrats on the life change!
    Insert whiny message