Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bjj and drug use (Serious)

Quote Originally Posted by thai-jitsu View Post
    Ive never really encountered a drug culture amongst the MMA scene, with exception of a alcohol during good piss up after a fight night. What I have noticed though is the recreational use of performance enhacers in council gyms. Taking PED to look good is a stupid idea IMO.

Ive not drank in nearly two years cause I couldnt handle the hangovers & couldnt afford it either. Just my opinion, but I dont think it would be a bad thing if all recreational drugs were made illegal. Very narrow minded of me to say, but working in Tesco (I feel like a drink after every shift), I see people everyday so fecked on drink they can hardly walk but manage to Stellaport their way to the drink aisle for more Thunderbird or Value lager.

On the other hand, adults are responsible for themselves & people will still take drugs, so like alcohol & tobacco, id like to see drugs legalised, age restricted to 21, sold through shops & taxed like other products. That way you'd know what was in it, the amount etc & in a way, those taking drugs will contribute to society via tax. Alot of revenue could be made from Amsterdam style coffee houses & brothels etc.
    They are closing them down here.
    Insert whiny message

Quote Originally Posted by creonte View Post
    Fren so is ok for me attack turtle in bed?
    I would encourage it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duchman View Post
    I said in my last post many people have life enhancing experiences while taking drugs (including alcohol)

People also have life enhancing experiences, surviving a car wreck, winning a battle against serious illness, or getting beat up by a group on the street. But i think we all agree, its better to avoid the above 3?
    I am not suggesting people go out and take drugs. Just that they should be able to do as they wish. If you fancied getting beat up or in a car crash that would be up to you

I think thai-jitsu has it on the money btw.

Drugs are bad mmmmmmmmmmkay!

mmmmmmkay!

steve_langford

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Hayes View Post
    Steve- i can see i am going to have to put you in some hypothetical situations to get my point across.

Question- Would you advise everyone to be completely honest with their boss at work about their drug and alcohol use?
    Sorry, only just saw this. I would say the outcome would'nt be too good if you outed yourself.

Unhappy

99.999% of sports supplements can be found in food.
    DMT can be found in our brains. It's a "drug" too. It's a pretty amazing chemical actually, I recommend you have a read on wikipedia. The LSD and magic mushroom entries are also very good.

All kinds of nasty chemicals can be found in our food too, incidentally... I think the presence of something in food is pretty irrelevant.

What is relevant is that there is a hell of a lot of evidence our evolution has a symbiotic relationship with certain families of chemicals. It makes sense really; magic mushrooms, for example, open your mind to new possibilities. If you don't believe that, you can probably throw away half your music collection right now.

Oh, and your computer. You think the people who have been at the forefront of electronics weren't tripping their nuts off? You use Windows? Any other Microsoft products? Bill Gates has all but admitted to tripping.

Marijuana is a mood enhancer. If you're lazy, it will make you lazier. If you're energetic -and it's a sativa - it will only make you more energetic. I know several "pot heads" who train every day. Vaporizing weed, or eating it, prevents it affecting your cardio, because there is no combustion taking place.

As for skunk- just one pure skunk joint has the THC equivalent of about 100 thai stick spliffs or soap bar (morrocan) spliffs.
    I'm sorry to say this, but the above really highlights the level of your ignorance on the subject of cannabis. You should not be talking with any authority on this matter

"Soap bar" is adulterated cannabis. It has been found to contain, among other things, dirt, blood, amphetamines, pine resin, excrement, glue..... I kid you not, this stuff is the most evil smoke out there at the moment, it contains almost no THC because it's full of sh*t that will really mess you up.

Furthermore, "skunk" is not some mystical new super strong cannabis strain, it is just a very general term to describe certain sativa/indica hybrids. There are stronger sativas, and stronger indicas than hybrids, that have been grown and selected all over the world for hundreds of years. You really think that in the last 10 years we've suddenly got better at it than the folk in India, or Thailand for example??? Absolutely insane. Proper thai weed will blow your mind (or not, as you're unlikely to ever have the pleasure of trying it). There is no commercial "skunk" that can match it, I assure you.

It's very easy to generalise everybody who uses drugs, people do it for different reasons but the alcohol and tobacco trade has caused more damage than all drugs put together. THOSE should be made illegal, not weed.
    The thing is, making stuff illegal doesn't work. They tried to ban alcohol in America once, and it was a complete disaster. Heroin's illegality is the major reason there are so many addicts AND so many deaths from it. They have proven that with prescribed levels of heroin, an addict can live a perfectly normal life.

I'm not advocating heroin use, but the main reason people die from it is because the quality level varies so dramatically from batch to batch (because it's uncontrolled) AND because they can't afford to supply themselves properly and live normal lives (mostly..... there are exceptions).

Portugal recently decriminalized all "drugs" and it's been a huge success. Addiction levels are down, deaths are down, crime is down.... says it all really. People need to start coming out of the shade of the oppressive, fear driven lies perpetuated by the media and start realising the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_langford View Post
    Sorry, only just saw this. I would say the outcome would'nt be too good if you outed yourself.
    Exactly- and that is the same outcome as if a BJJ Coach 'outed himself'.So,following that train of thought,it does matter how a BJJ Coach behaves off the mat (as i said before,it shouldn't do,but it does).

Quote Originally Posted by relax View Post

I'm sorry to say this, but the above really highlights the level of your ignorance on the subject of cannabis. You should not be talking with any authority on this matter

"Soap bar" is adulterated cannabis. It has been found to contain, among other things, dirt, blood, amphetamines, pine resin, excrement, glue..... I kid you not, this stuff is the most evil smoke out there at the moment, it contains almost no THC because it's full of sh*t that will really mess you up.

You are right,I am not an authority on drugs,so i urge anyone reading this to PM 'Relax' if they have any questions about drug use as he seems to be an expert and eager to advise people.

steve_langford

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Hayes View Post
    Exactly- and that is the same outcome as if a BJJ Coach 'outed himself'.So,following that train of thought,it does matter how a BJJ Coach behaves off the mat (as i said before,it shouldn't do,but it does).
    You win....!