Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Bjj and drug use (Serious)

I wouldn't judge anybody based on whether they smoked cannabis or not.

Eddie Bravos music is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendy View Post
    does this mean, there is no risk when it comes to smoking skunk?
    No one is saying that there is not a risk. I think some people are saying that there are risks inherent in many activities, and that the risks when smoking strong cannabis derivatives are sometimes overplayed.

Quote Originally Posted by daddybaresi View Post
    Eddie Bravos music is shit.
    I think we can all agree that this is a FACT!

Quote Originally Posted by Bendy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by relax View Post
    I'm sorry to say this, but the above really highlights the level of your ignorance on the subject of cannabis. You should not be talking with any authority on this matter "
    Relax, would you be the authority to talk about this then?
    I don't think it's a good idea to casually throw around "facts" about something if you're not clued up. This is what I'm referring to by saying "talking with any authority" (sorry if that came across the wrong way, I just cringed reading it back).

When young men at the age of 15-18 are being admitted to the local CAMHS suffering from Skunk psychosis, being sectioned because they have e.g.this magnified fear of dying and being attacked, which, incidentally, has occurred since smoking 'Skunk weed' and within 3 months, they become unrecogniseable because the medication that is being used to prevent any further psychotic episodes, has completely altered their physical appearance whilst trying to stabalise their psychological state, I would have to say that 'Skunk' weed is the most evil stuff out there at the moment as the consequences are destroying, and I don't want to be disrespectful here, but at 15 years old.... Young lad's lives! THAT, should not be fucking happening!! Because so far, the outcome is not good. Many of these young people, who become affected, are not getting better once the psychosis begins. They deteriorate. Their loved ones deteriorate because they become powerless. Knock on effect.
    Skunk psychosis, ah yes, this old chestnut.

Firstly, please refer to my previous post where I explain that "skunk" is a myth. There is no such thing as "skunk cannabis". There are sativas, indicas, ruderalis and mixtures of the three. Some hybrids of sativa and indica are called "skunk", but they are not super strong, genetically engineered plants....... they are just crosses between these families. A powerful sativa or indica can be stronger than a hybrid. The strongest smoke I have come across has been pure sativa. Skunk #1 is a genuine strain, and it doesn't touch the high of, for example, a nice Haze, which is pure sativa.

It's also been around since the 80s, at least, and from what I've heard was stronger back then. Weird huh?

The media have latched onto "skunk" in a bid to try and alienate the smokers of previous generations from the smokers of this generation. It's a ploy. "Back in my day, we just had regular weed! These days it's all about super-duper-will-fry-your-brain-skunk!!!". It's bullshit. I know plenty of tokers who talk about 70s strains with reverence. I have tried strains preserved since the late 80s that are stronger than anything on the street today. They're just outright lying to you about it.

.... And this isn't the first time it's happened either. Check out Richard Nixon's campaign sometime, it was almost exactly the same rubbish.

Secondly, are you aware that cannabis is a powerful anti depressant, which is prescribed for all kinds of mental conditions and used medicinally by people all over the world to keep their heads straight? Does it not seem slightly.......... odd......... to you, that in the last few years we've started identifying "skunk psychosis" as a dangerous mental illness caused by toking, when for hundreds of years it's been toked by millions of people all over the world ?

Do you think Portugal, Spain or the Czech Republic (or whatever it's called now) have higher incidences of "psychosis" than other countries, seeing as cannabis is decriminalised there? I mean surely every 4th person in Amsterdam has it.... right?

Of course not. Because it's just more lies. Kids get caught, and to get off the charges claim that they're "addicted to skunk" or did some crime under the influence of "skunk psychosis". The truth is that cannabis barely takes any physical hold on you at all. I've given up on a whim for months at a time with no problem at all.

[I cannot say the same about coffee. 3 days of headaches last time I gave up, sheesh!]

Finally, I've known a lot of tokers, probably dozens, and of all of them only ONE guy has any kind of problem with it, and he doesn't have a problem if he doesn't go crazy with it ! He doesn't need anti psychosis pills, or treatment, he just needs to take it easy. Different people have different tolerances and experience differently.

I'm not even going to get into anti psychotics and anti depressants and how shit they are, I'd really start ranting then

The guy, btw, is a diagnosed schitzophrenic. I have known a couple of others diagnosed with this who did not have a problem smoking.

One of my friends went to a doctor about her mental problems fairly recently. She was asked if she smoked pot. She said occasionally, but not much these days. Doctor immediately jumped on it "ahh well, THAT is clearly the problem" etc. - diagnosis complete as far as she was concerned!

But my friend... she had these problems before she ever smoked pot.

Doctors don't have a fucking clue about mental problems really.

I can understand your motives for going to these lengths to explain why “Skunk” is a myth and why you feel that cannabis is not a problem, seeing as you gave it up for months on a whim. But could you please use the same amount of diligence to explain what the motives of the media, Richard Nixon’s Campaign, doctors and mental health workers are exactly? Why are they not fans of cannabis? Why this attack on poor old harmless cannabis? Thanks.

cue the joe rogan hemp "argument"....
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Fact - a friend of mine works in a mental institution and he said that Cannabis psychosis accounts for a huge percentage of the patients in their at any given time.

Why don't the people stressing over cannibis just chill out a bit and smoke a spliff?

Personally I don't read into it too much when they do surveys saying "cannibis caused mental health problems in all these people" maybe it did... maybe it contributed to what was already inevitable.... Who knows really? Who cares at the end of the day. Key to avoiding the claimed downsides of cannibis if your worried about it is... Don't smoke it... No point in trying to preech to stoners to put away there bongs. Most stoners really couldn't give a shit about what you're saying. If you are going to smoke weed. Don't over do it. If you do over do it... Like all other things in life that are done in excess.... there'll likely be consiquences... Just brace yourself for them. Anyways imma roll a joint now after this little rant. :P

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    Fact - a friend of mine works in a mental institution and he said that Cannabis psychosis accounts for a huge percentage of the patients in their at any given time.
    Ripped from the BBC.....

"The Advisory Committee on the Misuse of Drugs said there were major difficulties establishing a cause-and-effect relationship between cannabis use and the development of psychotic illnesses, such as schizophrenia.
    It said the majority of young cannabis users did not develop psychotic illness, and those that did were likely to have predisposing factors, which may be genetic.

It concluded that in the population as a whole, it was most likely that cannabis played only a "modest role" in the development of psychotic conditions."