Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bjj and drug use (Serious)

Thanks.

off to training

oss
    Last edited by akiraB; 02-09-2011 at 10:36 AM.

I used to smoke weed pretty much from the minute i got in from work right up until bedtime , and the biggest thing ive realised since giving up is what a lazy bastard i was when i was on it. id literally do nothing but work and smoke. I seriously doubt id ever have started training if i was still getting stoned.

Flameboy has a secret addiction to M & Ms he will sneak past you when you are in the kitchen and steal you M&Ms to feed his addiction.
    Tribulus knows this FACT!!!!
    Last edited by Guvna; 01-09-2011 at 07:46 PM.
    OOOOOSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bateman View Post
    'roided out their tits' ? do you assume that everyone who takes 'roids' is a massive monster who foams at the mouth and eats small babies ?

how do you identify a 'roid' user ?
    I bet your friend finds that offensive!

Quote Originally Posted by Bateman View Post
    'roided out their tits' ? do you assume that everyone who takes 'roids' is a massive monster who foams at the mouth and eats small babies ?

how do you identify a 'roid' user ?
    My comments are more about me having a bigger issue with guys using PED's and training than the guys who go out and get pissed at the weekend or using recreational drugs. PED's are cheating whether you compete or not, alcohol and recrational drugs are a different issue.

steve_langford

Drugs aren't bad. Drug abuse is bad. People who have never used shouldn't pass judgement. It gets my goat when people play the 'I'm a saint' card.
    I've used a number of substances in the past and I don't regret it, in fact I've had some pretty amazing experiences.
    I would never do it again, I'm a father now, I have responsibility but I'm definitely not ashamed of my past.

Uuuh Drugs are not bad? Let me tell you, there is NOTHING NOTHING GOOD about Crack Cocaine etc A lot of drugs are bad fact. If not i dare you to inject some heroin and see how you feel on the come down

steroids., painkillers have there use in medical use.
    But drugs are bad. Drug abuse is bad.

I as well took stuff in the past. I can mention 6 of my friends who are worthless these days with out doing a line to get up and than a benzo to sleep at night.

If people need drugs, alchol to chill, work, train or enjoy life, or what ever. I recommend a doctor.

i suffer from a chronic disease. I would love to healthy. Our bodies have all the chemicals we need, we just need to learn how to use them.

Smile, Run, love, learn, work. look how happy you will feel

If our bodies have all the chemicals they need, why use supplements?

I'm with Steve Langford, if people want to use recreational drugs then I have no problem with it. Injecting heroin or smoking crack is not recreational and to compare them to people who get stoned now and then or take a few pills on a night out is silly (alcohol and nicotine are both worse than those two).

Does jiu-jitsu have an artistic, self-expressive, innovative aspect? I think so, and if you look at other fields which also do (music, art, film making etc) you'll find plenty of people who attribute success to drug use.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

I think key with drugs is if you are going to do it remember this.

Do it moderation.
    (This goes for amount u take in one sitting and how often u do this)

Do it in safe environment.
    (Places like in ur own house so u don't freak out somewhere strange if u take a bad turn etc )

Don't mix with alcohol.
    (Bad trip. This could even mean just don't mix alcohol... That sends me off my tits depending what I'm mixing)

Never take Heroin or Crack.
    (Above all other drugs is most addictive and will turn u into a fucking zombie doing anything for your next fix)

Steriods.... Read the the pros vs. Cons... All I'm gonna say... Was enough to put me off and ur gonna age ur body to a deteriated mess by time ur 35 to 40 if the heart attacks don't get u first. You are cheating if ur using and do MMA. What we gonna do to stop them though?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    If our bodies have all the chemicals they need, why use supplements?

I'm with Steve Langford, if people want to use recreational drugs then I have no problem with it. Injecting heroin or smoking crack is not recreational and to compare them to people who get stoned now and then or take a few pills on a night out is silly (alcohol and nicotine are both worse than those two).

Does jiu-jitsu have an artistic, self-expressive, innovative aspect? I think so, and if you look at other fields which also do (music, art, film making etc) you'll find plenty of people who attribute success to drug use.
    Uuh are you comparing supplements with drugs?

Sometimes i wonder if you just go again the main stream on all topics just to be different.
    Insert whiny message