Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bjj and drug use (Serious)

Quote Originally Posted by errol View Post
    I still think you are closed minded
    I am closed minded because i say drugs are BAD?

Drugs are not good for you. FACT

i made this post to get people to think about there drug use. I care a lot for my friends, i dont want anyone to die or get addicted.
    I for one will never advice to someone, hey pop some pills or smoke some weed.

I know drugs have been in this world, longer than man. from mushrooms, coca leaves, all natural drugs.

I just don't want to see this Trent growing where its normal in bjj clubs to go out after training, do coke, weed, drink lots of booz. We are in bjj for growth and learning how to defeat the opposition with out damage. Not to get fucked up on drugs.
    And if people really can control it to once a week or twice a week, all the power to them.

Just from my experience, 8 out of 10 people lose control when it comes to drugs

If people get offended from what i write so be it. I just hope one person out there that does iomax in the morning, and than some benzos to sleep. Sees this is not the healthy path.
    Insert whiny message

People who roid are gay and admire other guys bodies!

Quote Originally Posted by Duchman View Post
    fren, do you teach kids? just asking? not trying to be a dick. But is that what you want to give to the next generation?
    Yeah, I teach kids but I don't see what you're getting at here... have I ever recommend people should use drugs? Have I ever said I use them? I don't even drink.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Murphydeepheat View Post
    Lots of BJJ coaches roid, and quite a few probably encourage their competition-minded students to do it.
    What are you basing that view/claim on?

Quote Originally Posted by Duchman View Post
    I am closed minded because i say drugs are BAD?

Drugs are not good for you. FACT

i made this post to get people to think about there drug use. I care a lot for my friends, i dont want anyone to die or get addicted.
    I for one will never advice to someone, hey pop some pills or smoke some weed.

I know drugs have been in this world, longer than man. from mushrooms, coca leaves, all natural drugs.

I just don't want to see this Trent growing where its normal in bjj clubs to go out after training, do coke, weed, drink lots of booz. We are in bjj for growth and learning how to defeat the opposition with out damage. Not to get fucked up on drugs.
    And if people really can control it to once a week or twice a week, all the power to them.

Just from my experience, 8 out of 10 people lose control when it comes to drugs

If people get offended from what i write so be it. I just hope one person out there that does iomax in the morning, and than some benzos to sleep. Sees this is not the healthy path.
    I don't know you and it was not my intention to offend you but I do think that your opinion that all drugs are "bad" is closed minded. It is not a "fact" that drug aren't good for you. I agree that drug abuse is extremely damaging but as I said in my last post many people have life enhancing experiences while taking drugs (including alcohol).

My real issue with this isn't drugs (I don't take illegal drugs). Its more that I think adults should be free to do as they wish behind closed doors and should be free from other people telling them what to do. It's not up to you (or me) to tell person x what they can and can't do with their Mrs in bed or how much alcohol they can drink at night.

Quote Originally Posted by errol View Post
    I don't know you and it was not my intention to offend you but I do think that your opinion that all drugs are "bad" is closed minded. It is not a "fact" that drug aren't good for you. I agree that drug abuse is extremely damaging but as I said in my last post many people have life enhancing experiences while taking drugs (including alcohol).

My real issue with this isn't drugs (I don't take illegal drugs). Its more that I think adults should be free to do as they wish behind closed doors and should be free from other people telling them what to do. It's not up to you (or me) to tell person x what they can and can't do with their Mrs in bed or how much alcohol they can drink at night.
    you are totally right. I cant tell anyone what to do. its not my right. I do how ever will state my opinion. That is my right. Dont worry i wont beat any one with a bible over the head, if i find them smoking weed.

I am against drug use. Simple.
    Insert whiny message

I said in my last post many people have life enhancing experiences while taking drugs (including alcohol)

People also have life enhancing experiences, surviving a car wreck, winning a battle against serious illness, or getting beat up by a group on the street. But i think we all agree, its better to avoid the above 3?
    Insert whiny message

[QUOTE=errol;78973. It's not up to you (or me) to tell person x what they can and can't do with their Mrs in bed.[/QUOTE]

Fren so is ok for me attack turtle in bed?

Quote Originally Posted by creonte View Post
    Fren so is ok for me attack turtle in bed?
    Fren is behind closed door. Like closed door fight bjj vs wrestling. everything is ok.
    Insert whiny message

Ive never really encountered a drug culture amongst the MMA scene, with exception of a alcohol during good piss up after a fight night. What I have noticed though is the recreational use of performance enhacers in council gyms. Taking PED to look good is a stupid idea IMO.

Ive not drank in nearly two years cause I couldnt handle the hangovers & couldnt afford it either. Just my opinion, but I dont think it would be a bad thing if all recreational drugs were made illegal. Very narrow minded of me to say, but working in Tesco (I feel like a drink after every shift), I see people everyday so fecked on drink they can hardly walk but manage to Stellaport their way to the drink aisle for more Thunderbird or Value lager.

On the other hand, adults are responsible for themselves & people will still take drugs, so like alcohol & tobacco, id like to see drugs legalised, age restricted to 21, sold through shops & taxed like other products. That way you'd know what was in it, the amount etc & in a way, those taking drugs will contribute to society via tax. Alot of revenue could be made from Amsterdam style coffee houses & brothels etc.
    Last edited by thai-jitsu; 04-09-2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: spelling