Thread: BJJ School Battersea + Carlson Grace London

Default BJJ School Battersea + Carlson Grace London

Hiya everyone, first post on here.
    I have been doing muay thai on and off now for 2 years. I have has massive breaks due to school, holidays etc and so have not competed which is greatly annoying.
    I was thinking of branching into bjj as it suits my body type better (5'6'' 68kg).
    I really really want to compete, I love competing and so that is my main aim.
    I used to train MT at Carlson Gracie and know that the bjj there is superb however I live in balham and although I can drive I fear it is too far to fit around school work and other commitments, my question is - Is BJJ School Battersea a) a good gym ? and b) competitive ?
    All the best & hope this aint too much of a problem

steve_langford

Good luck and hope you get training sorted! Although I must say, the sacrifice you make to train at Carlsons would be well worth it.

Battersea is where the head instructor of BJJ School (Felipe de Souza) teaches if I remember correctly, and yes he is very good. I think after Roger, Braulio and Lagarto he probably has the best competition results of anyone teaching in the UK (bronze in the mundials at black belt adult in 2005, I think).

They have some very good competitors there as well.

As I train at BJJ School my answer is a tiny bit biased, but the answers to your questions are yes and yes

Any questions, just fire away.

James

I know people who train at both these places and they say nothing but good things about them.

If pyjama fighting was my thing then my choice would be one of the two.

If BJJ school is much nearer to you and if time is an issue, then that'd be the academy to go for imo. You really can't go wrong with either though.

MRCG I've sent you a private message about a belt. Cheers mate.

Talk to your old instructors and inform them with courtesy of your intention, ask if its okay/any problem and ask them about BJJ School and Im sure they will tell you more about the level and training offered at BJJ School than anyone on here can and they will give you full blessings.

If you just go without even a goodbye and rockup at the next comp with a giant BJJ School patch wanting to fight against a Carlson guy man if I was Carlsons man I would smash your balls!! haha!
    www.temperwear.co.uk Predator Fightwear CrossFit Northampton Maximum Nutrition

Zefff, from what I understand from the op he didn't even train BJJ at Carlsons, he trained Muay Thai.

Either way as a white belt he should be allowed to try out whatever academy he likes IMO without needing to explain himself to anyone.

There should never be such a thing as a white belt creonte.

Sorry for the confusion, I hadn't trained bjj before. I went to BJJ London last night for the beginners adult class and it was really really good. Going again tonight and its so close to my house I can go loads. Cheers for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Old Scratch View Post
    Zefff, from what I understand from the op he didn't even train BJJ at Carlsons, he trained Muay Thai.

Either way as a white belt he should be allowed to try out whatever academy he likes IMO without needing to explain himself to anyone.

There should never be such a thing as a white belt creonte.
    He can do whatever he likes whenever he likes, I just gave my opinion. The way I feel is it doesn't matter what class u attend if we train in the same house we are team. You could be a pensioner doing ICON yoga I would still smash your balls. Smashing balls is actually legal in BJJ u know
    www.temperwear.co.uk Predator Fightwear CrossFit Northampton Maximum Nutrition