Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Avoid the Ringside Gym Wigan

Hybrid View

Thumbs down Avoid the Ringside Gym Wigan

WOW me and my friend visited this disgusting place today in hopes of getting some open mat time on their "big matted area" the place is a complete shithole. We got there and theres barely any lighting in the rooms. An open fire door being the only source of light. There must be holes in the roof since of todays rain was on some parts of The hard floor.

The mats were revolting and dirty! They had two boxing rings which were basically jigsaw mats with ropes around. the mats were flithy.

on the other side was a half built cage. I touched the sharp metal fence and it had no give to it at all. seriously? someone going to train in this?

Awful gym! just avoid it. A complete dump

Thats Luxury, our boxing ring is made from gas boards, polystyrene and lino, we roll on old mattresses in an old cow shed.

haha its the definition of a ghetto gym isnt it? haha, is alright for 2.50 a go if your just workin bags but the entire place is a deathtrap for serious training, have you seen the pigeons that fly around every so often? hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by danielevery View Post
    haha its the definition of a ghetto gym isnt it? haha, is alright for 2.50 a go if your just workin bags but the entire place is a deathtrap for serious training, have you seen the pigeons that fly around every so often? hahahahaha
    would have been nice to have done bagwork if we could see the bags! it was so dark.....then there was water on the floor from a leaky roof. didnt see any pigeons because we got out of there ASAP. a complete shithole they shouldn't be allowed to be open

haha yeah i know! i have no idea how it passes any kind of safety regulation, pigeons flying around, hardly any roof, non working lights, dirty mats and rings full of bird crap, tools lying around. i suppose for the price its not bad for casual training, it takes up my free time when i want to come in and have some bag time, but how classes are taught there i have no idea! its recently moved from eckersley mill (which if you go on the website is where all the pics are from) which was actually decent and clean, and was perfect for regular sessions, but since it moved its just gone down the drain, bet youve noticed that he hasnt got any pictures of the new gym on his website just the old one ahahah

Quote Originally Posted by danielevery View Post
    haha yeah i know! i have no idea how it passes any kind of safety regulation, pigeons flying around, hardly any roof, non working lights, dirty mats and rings full of bird crap, tools lying around. i suppose for the price its not bad for casual training, it takes up my free time when i want to come in and have some bag time, but how classes are taught there i have no idea! its recently moved from eckersley mill (which if you go on the website is where all the pics are from) which was actually decent and clean, and was perfect for regular sessions, but since it moved its just gone down the drain, bet youve noticed that he hasnt got any pictures of the new gym on his website just the old one ahahah

yes my friend said their old gym used to be really nice which is why he wanted us to go there. I was shocked when i walked into a dirty dark room.

I think kids karate is taught there. simply disgusting

same here mate, i turned up at the old gym and it was boarded up with a sign with directions to the new one, i was expecting a lot more hahahaha

Default You run a class at ringside

If its that bad why do you run a class at ringside gym Daniel?????

Default Ringside Gym

Ringside gym was broken into..you would have been made aware that the roofers and electrician were doing work, and therfore you would had the choice to train or go home. To make this comment without looking into it in more deatail is wrong...

Ringside gym has been established in Wigan since 1998. Durning this time we have been mostly at Eckersley Mill were the landlords did not do any work on the old mill. We had issues with lighting, flooding and the car parking areas. We diceided to relocate to Cross Street in Wigan. We have only been in this building for 6 months and work is under way to improve the facilities.

We have a fully working gym with CV equipment and Cardio machines along with a room for Free weights and up stairs we have a pole Dancing studio and soon to be our own Cafe . Our boxing room is matted with Jigsaw mats in red and black. We have judo mats for Bushido training and MMA. The cage is under construction and has tape around the area to stop people going in it or around it. The boxing rings a constructed from steal with correct padding on the surface..(not jigsaw mats) Bags are place around the area for kickboxing and boxing use. We also have a Sauna and clean changing areas, but you fail to mention this in you so called report....!!!!!

We teach Kickboxing , Karate,Bushido,Ninjitsu and Boxing to all ages and abilities. Our gym facilities are OPEN to all martial Arts students for use. We would have prefered it if you talked to reception about your concern.. However I hope this has sorted out your concern.

You can cocntact me direct by Telephoning 01942 375696.

Master Stephen Bullough 8th Dan

Quote Originally Posted by ringside gym View Post
    Ringside gym was broken into..you would have been made aware that the roofers and electrician were doing work, and therfore you would had the choice to train or go home. To make this comment without looking into it in more deatail is wrong...

Ringside gym has been established in Wigan since 1998. Durning this time we have been mostly at Eckersley Mill were the landlords did not do any work on the old mill. We had issues with lighting, flooding and the car parking areas. We diceided to relocate to Cross Street in Wigan. We have only been in this building for 6 months and work is under way to improve the facilities.

We have a fully working gym with CV equipment and Cardio machines along with a room for Free weights and up stairs we have a pole Dancing studio and soon to be our own Cafe . Our boxing room is matted with Jigsaw mats in red and black. We have judo mats for Bushido training and MMA. The cage is under construction and has tape around the area to stop people going in it or around it. The boxing rings a constructed from steal with correct padding on the surface..(not jigsaw mats) Bags are place around the area for kickboxing and boxing use. We also have a Sauna and clean changing areas, but you fail to mention this in you so called report....!!!!!

We teach Kickboxing , Karate,Bushido,Ninjitsu and Boxing to all ages and abilities. Our gym facilities are OPEN to all martial Arts students for use. We would have prefered it if you talked to reception about your concern.. However I hope this has sorted out your concern.

You can cocntact me direct by Telephoning 01942 375696.

Master Stephen Bullough 8th Dan
    we didn't see any roofers or electricians working...so when we entered the room and see two young lads training in the dark we think what the hell is this normal?

Quit lying the surface inside the ring were dirty jigsaw mats.

the mats outside the ring were also horrible

We didn't go into the sauna. I had no issues with the gym.

My issue was with the lack of lighting that you couldn't barley see, the floor was dirty and flooded with rain water. the bags were average and yeah that cage had no give to it at all.

granted you just opened 6 months ago but me and my friend travelled especially on a saturday through traffic to your gym and it was that bad we left in disappointment.

we didn't bring it up out concerns to the reception because no one was there. I think you need to improve your standards in what a decent facility is.

but thanks for responding
    Last edited by Sengoku; 21-09-2011 at 04:14 PM.