Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Avoid the Ringside Gym Wigan

Quote Originally Posted by ringside gym View Post
    Ringside Gym demands that you cease and desist posting anything regarding Ringside gym, services and web site. I note that you are not an attorney. I suggest you remove all postings and then consult with one before you post anything else regarding Ringside gym and/or before you respond to this letter.
    Please consider the following:

(1) Claiming that something you say is “opinion” is not an unlimited exception to the laws of defamation. You are representing yourself as a mma or cage fighter. Your site (blog page) sets you up as an expert, actually. Your visitors would reasonably believe that you are making factual representations based upon knowledge, experience and/or research. Just saying, “in my opinion” does not make you immune from civil action under the defamation laws. And, in fact, most of the comments you make you represent as “fact,” which they are absolutely not.

You are requested to CEASE & DESIST with comments and posting any future articles relating to ringside gym.and remove any such articles.

Yours

Stephen Bullough
    LMAO ....I can't believe you took the time to write that made up crap ....your gym is a shithole until proven otherwise. sort yourself out before crying about forum posts
    Last edited by Sengoku; 10-12-2011 at 03:36 PM.

This is no joke..You have been asked to remove your post regarding ringside gym
    http://www.cagewarriors.com/forums/album.php?albumid=20
    here are some pictures of the so called "shit Hole"

Somebody likes muscley men
    When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail.

Writing a cease and desist notice does make you look like a tit. Just let people see the photos and make up their own minds. This doesn't really do you any favours.

Thank you for this article. That's all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something special. You clearly know what you are doing, you've covered so many bases.Thanks!
    new england patriots jerseys customized
    brett keisel Jersey custom

nice to see some new bags and some lights there

however the mats are still horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRabbit View Post
    Writing a cease and desist notice does make you look like a tit. Just let people see the photos and make up their own minds. This doesn't really do you any favours.
    'Cease and desist' is primarily an American thing rather than something under English law. The word attorney is also an Americanism, here we would use a solicitor for something like this. Therfore I'd say the letter was copied from an American legal site.

One of the defences against libel is that of fair comment...
    This defence arises if defendant shows that the statement was a view that a reasonable person could have held, even if they were motivated by dislike or hatred of the plaintiff. The fair comment defence is sometimes known as the critics defence as it is designed to protect the rights of the press to state valid opinions on matters of public interest such as governmental activity, political debate, public figures and general affairs. And secondly it defends comments on works of art in the public eye such as theatre productions, music and literature. However fair comment and justification defences will fail if they are based on misstatements of fact

A gym is a place of 'entertainment', it's also in the public interest, users were criticising it..fair comment. Case closed.
    "Yes, making mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep" Rudyard Kipling

doesnt look like a bad gym at all to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by HomerPlata View Post
    To be fair, yeah. I just made the tenuous link between someone calling someone else a "mouthpiece" in anger, made me instantly think that "arsepiece" is a better insult.

PS. Not cool to be calling me out like that.
    Only just seen this, arsepiece is indeed a better insult I can agree on that!

Wasn't aware I was calling you out, do I now need to check if this SHIT JUST GOT REAL?

On topic, just had a quick look at those pics, doesn't look the worst place I have seen...
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Only just seen this, arsepiece is indeed a better insult I can agree on that!

Wasn't aware I was calling you out, do I now need to check if this SHIT JUST GOT REAL?

On topic, just had a quick look at those pics, doesn't look the worst place I have seen...

Try this.
    http://www.william-shakespeare.org.u...-generator.htm
    "Yes, making mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep" Rudyard Kipling