Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the scariest shit you have done/seen??

Dont be scared Homie Plastikman's Avatar

In potosi. Headed down at 9am, and the guys were already smashed, so they insisted I started into the booze too. Im not claustrophobic or anything but being in a small dark mine shaft, knowing there's a kilometer of rock over your head is fairly unsettling tbh.

Then the nonchalance that these (completely battered) guys treat high explosives with is terrifying, they had me cutting up sticks of dynamite, preparing fuse cord and blasting caps, packing ammonium nitrate, then ramming the lot into holes in the mine face with a metal rod. My sphincter tightened on every blast, I was certain it was gonna cause a cave in.

Afterwards they took me to the most mental bar in the world; miners only, hidden in the back yard of a house, spent the evening hammering beers, arm wrestling miners and dancing with cholita's.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Plastikman View Post
    2 weeks ago I spent the day dynamiting stuff 1km underground, down a Bolivian silver mine drinking beers and ethel alcohol with a bunch of pisshead locals. That was scary.
    You did what???????? LMFAO - yeah thats a little nuts!

In potosi. Headed down at 9am, and the guys were already smashed, so they insisted I started into the booze too. Im not claustrophobic or anything but being in a small dark mine shaft, knowing there's a kilometer of rock over your head is fairly unsettling tbh.

Then the nonchalance that these (completely battered) guys treat high explosives with is terrifying, they had me cutting up sticks of dynamite, preparing fuse cord and blasting caps, packing ammonium nitrate, then ramming the lot into holes in the mine face with a metal rod. My sphincter tightened on every blast, I was certain it was gonna cause a cave in.

Afterwards they took me to the most mental bar in the world; miners only, hidden in the back yard of a house, spent the evening hammering beers, arm wrestling miners and dancing with cholita's.
    Thats an incredible story. So you work in explosives? How did you get that job?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthic View Post
    I watched a documentary not long ago where an Aussie wanted to see which was more a threat to humans, hippos or crocodiles - hippos won as they're temperamental whereas crocs apparantly are opportunistic.

Fighting makes you over-analyse and question your skills.

Godzilla would win. Look at the size difference! In the Broderick version of the film, Godzilla was as big as a friggin' skyscraper! Whereas in Jurassic Park, Rex wasnt that big - they're also only about the same size as King Kong.

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question...6090925AAEr09X
    Godzilla would mop the floor with a T-Rex... he knocks freakin' high rise buildings down while a T-Rex can fit inside a museum
    LOL! About sums it up I think!

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

dayum, that's pretty mental. i was well up for the story and it didn't disappoint, but i was also doing a sideline in pretending that i thought you were British in the hope of causing some kind of offence, bah. foiled again by politeness, my old adversary.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinSubz02 View Post
    Thats an incredible story. So you work in explosives? How did you get that job?
    lol No I dont, I had never laid hands on anything more powerful then a firecracker, that's part of my point. These guys are so fucking causal about handling this stuff they just let a random like me get stuck in, that's what was so scary.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    but i was also doing a sideline in pretending that i thought you were British in the hope of causing some kind of offence, bah. foiled again by politeness, my old adversary.
    **Quickly deletes tirade about 1916/6 countries/black and tans**

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

lol No I dont, I had never laid hands on anything more powerful then a firecracker, that's part of my point. These guys are so fucking causal about handling this stuff they just let a random like me get stuck in, that's what was so scary.
    so how did you arrange it? do you speak spanish/portuguese?
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

I speak a bit of spanish, the guy working in the hostal I was staying in is an ex-miner, and he brings people down if they want to go.

Come on - I know there is more out there. Another scary thing that happened to me was being chased by a swarm of bees that had made their hive behind the board of a basketball hoop - did'nt even get the basket and fucked up my leg jumping over rocks to get to the lake