Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Sfc5: Rivals, fightcard

Quote Originally Posted by T-T View Post
    Slugger pulled out.
    Lol, i would never agree to fight this guy cause he always pulls out, its a joke tbh.
    Proud to be sponsored by Sport-Sense check them out at Sport-sense.co.uk

Coming from the guy who pulled out of the original fight!?!

Sometimes it's better to just say nothing.
    Rob McCrum, Pro BW. www.bjjscotland.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by RabTrue View Post
    Lol, i would never agree to fight this guy cause he always pulls out, its a joke tbh.
    Slugger at least had a legitimate reason for pulling out . . . .
    Neil Laird Pro 77kg 2-2 @definitelyneil

Massive announcement for all SFC Fans -

Welterweight Champion Steven Ray has informed us that he is being backed to take up the opportunity to enter into the TUF trials in Las Vegas on December 5th.

Unfortunately due to the close vicinity of SFC 5 - "Rivals" to the try outs - he has opted to relinquish his SFC Title and head off to Las Vegas - we wish him all the best, not just for him but for his gym and Scotland.

Daniel Hope who actually is the only fighter to beat Stevie in a single bout fight - and not a tournament format as was Stevies only other defeat at On Top - will step into face Jonathan Westin for the SFC Welterweight Title.

Thanks to Dan and his team especially Paul McVeigh , Rob McCrum and Warrior Promotions for making this fight happen.

Also thanks to Jonathans team and Sweden Fighters - MMA Team for being understanding towards the situation which was out with our control - as Jonathan was also thinking of going to the TUF try outs but chose not to due to the match up.
    SFC - www.fightchallenge.net

welldone on finding a replacement and a gd 1 at that, i was offered something i couldnt turn down not going into it too much or anything hope this is a good fight and gd luck to dan hope

How did you guys come up with dan hope to be stevies replacement
    This is the most fun i can have without going to jail

What do you mean by " come up with"?

Dan had made himself available to fight and kindly offered himself up to fight on the show. Don't know if that answers the question, or am i missing something?

Not missing anything mate, worded that wrong and thot to myself fuck here comes everyone to moan! Lol

Just ment exactly wat I said but, how did you come about it, did you have a few guys in mind, was it a case of he beat ray so that's gd idea, was there a few guys in mind, was dan next in line to get a shot etc etc.

And yes it answers the question mate thanks
    This is the most fun i can have without going to jail

Quote Originally Posted by TapouT1 View Post
    How did you guys come up with dan hope to be stevies replacement
    It's a great match in it's own right and a brilliant replacement considering it's a title bout against a high level opponent and only a short time away.

Thanks to Dan, Paul McVeigh and Dan's management for agreeing to the bout.
    VISION FC - visionfighting.com

Ye obviously there were other people who would have been more than worthy of a shot at the title. ( of course)

John Quinn
    Allan Johnston - rising very quickly and impressively in the rankings
    Dean Caldwell

Three off the top of my head - i don't see anyone having any legitimate reason to say any of those fighters - plus im sure others in Scotland certainly UK who could challenge for the title.

But apart from anything else Dan had made himself available for this show before Ray decided to pull out.

Should be a big fight!
    Last edited by SFC; 11-11-2011 at 10:41 PM.