Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: I am the best British Bantamweight in the country. Does anyone dispute this???

Tell you what though, Paddy should fight Ian Enty. The forum would implode.[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha he is the new Enty. You do realise that you will forever get ripped when you lose young paddy. Youre just making yourself look like a little prick and creating a bigger platform to fall from. Good luck fighting gravity!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Pimblett View Post
    I am the best Amateur Bantamweight in the country. Does anyone dispute this???
    At the moment you are still a youngster who has only fought five times under amateur rules. Congratulations on the wins. However, I would advise that you continue to learn your trade and act with some humility on the way up. It is true that big talk and arrogance can sell seats in a pro match where fighting is your living. However, you are fighting in the amateur youth ranks. As such it is better for focus on development rather than trash talk.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA Life View Post
    Tell you what though, Paddy should fight Ian Enty. The forum would implode.
    Hahahaha he is the new Enty. You do realise that you will forever get ripped when you lose young paddy. Youre just making yourself look like a little prick and creating a bigger platform to fall from. Good luck fighting gravity![/QUOTE]

Don't worry mate the gravity won't make a difference because I won't lose

Hey guys, I think its a shame in a way that people are quick to react to this young lad as if he is indeed an adult. Let me make this clear that I in no way am trying to disrespect or discredit this young mans ability or the fact he has come on to stir up some interest but I think we should be helping guide him, rather than challenging his post.

He obviously is very talented and appears to be an intelligient from his posts but if you think back to when you were 16 years of age, and how much you thought you knew about stuff then and then to now......... and how much you realise you dont know in contrast (Perhaps showing my old age!!) there is a big difference. There have been some positive suggestions to this young talent and I would hope he finds some solid mentors who can guide not only his progress but can help him discover the type of attitude that will lead him to continue to be successful in both his sporting career and his life.

Afterall, he is just doing what he thinks he should from what he has seen in the sport. We all know that people can peak at different times and having a supportive network to keep you grounded is vital in that athletes development.

Personally I would suggest that he uses the next two years to compete at high levels in maybe a few of the pure disciplines we find in MMA as it sounds like he wants to have a challenge, whether its BJJ/Wrestling/Boxing etc so he continues to learn. I would obviously suggest he continues with his current MMA training as that will keep him tied in to the greater purpose.

I'm sure his coaches at nextgen are doing a great job as they are very good there but I think a few people were a bit to quick to react to his statement/proposition with negativity. I think this kid needs understanding and I think if we work to help him who knows we may have a UK UFC champ in the future or maybe we just help a young man find his way. Goodluck to him and goodluck to everyone! We are all one mother fckers!

Keep the faith
    If you put a limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA Life View Post
    Tell you what though, Paddy should fight Ian Enty. The forum would implode.
    Hahahaha he is the new Enty. You do realise that you will forever get ripped when you lose young paddy. Youre just making yourself look like a little prick and creating a bigger platform to fall from. Good luck fighting gravity![/QUOTE]

What? be creating a little publicity for himself? Have you seen the number of views on this thread?!

Clever lad in my opinion. Also he hasn't been dis-respectful (like enty can be) at all.

I didnt know who Paddy was before this thread, now I do and will keep an eye out for his fights. Mission accomplished.

Just don't go down the Enty road of being overly disrespectful when talking of your opponents.

All the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post
    I didnt know who Paddy was before this thread, now I do and will keep an eye out for his fights. Mission accomplished.

Just don't go down the Enty road of being overly disrespectful when talking of your opponents.

All the best!
    Tar mate and that was one of the purposes of this thread. And I won't go down the enty road hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda187 View Post
    Hey guys, I think its a shame in a way that people are quick to react to this young lad as if he is indeed an adult. Let me make this clear that I in no way am trying to disrespect or discredit this young mans ability or the fact he has come on to stir up some interest but I think we should be helping guide him, rather than challenging his post.

He obviously is very talented and appears to be an intelligient from his posts but if you think back to when you were 16 years of age, and how much you thought you knew about stuff then and then to now......... and how much you realise you dont know in contrast (Perhaps showing my old age!!) there is a big difference. There have been some positive suggestions to this young talent and I would hope he finds some solid mentors who can guide not only his progress but can help him discover the type of attitude that will lead him to continue to be successful in both his sporting career and his life.

Afterall, he is just doing what he thinks he should from what he has seen in the sport. We all know that people can peak at different times and having a supportive network to keep you grounded is vital in that athletes development.

Personally I would suggest that he uses the next two years to compete at high levels in maybe a few of the pure disciplines we find in MMA as it sounds like he wants to have a challenge, whether its BJJ/Wrestling/Boxing etc so he continues to learn. I would obviously suggest he continues with his current MMA training as that will keep him tied in to the greater purpose.

I'm sure his coaches at nextgen are doing a great job as they are very good there but I think a few people were a bit to quick to react to his statement/proposition with negativity. I think this kid needs understanding and I think if we work to help him who knows we may have a UK UFC champ in the future or maybe we just help a young man find his way. Goodluck to him and goodluck to everyone! We are all one mother fckers!

Keep the faith

What the hell is a sensible post doing on this - just read 11 pages to get hit with that right near the end....I feel dirty now!
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Pimblett View Post
    Tar mate and that was one of the purposes of this thread. And I won't go down the enty road hahaha!
    Prove yourself young padawan, prove yourself and the greatest manager to have ever walked the earth (me) might sign you in the future (provided you move to Brazil first)

The trolling on here is just getting out of hand!

Good luck in your pursuits Patrick, as you are at such a young age I would defo focus on the core MMA areas for a few years and then take the step up to Pro.

You need to be a character in MMA and I think that nowadays there are just not enough of them. When you do turn Pro try and get on Promotions who are being streamed online or on the TV as that will add alot of exposure for you