Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belt demotions???

love the way its on the homepage ... such shame !

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

no update for over a year, then they decide to update the page to share this news. down the page there's someone getting demoted from brown to purple.

does this happen often in bjj?
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

I didn't know you could be demoted?

^^^ What he said? Is there specific criteria involved in being demoted?

For example: say if someone was awarded a purple belt 10+ years ago and for whatever reason hadn't trained for a long long while. Said person then appeared back at training and was being completely tooled by blue belts would the instructer be forced to demote them?

I was under the impression a belt in BJJ was for life kind of thing... Much like a puppy!

^^^^^

you do a load of privates before you go back to class.

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

I wouldnt touch anyones privates just to keep a belt......
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Moore View Post
    ^^^ What he said? Is there specific criteria involved in being demoted?

For example: say if someone was awarded a purple belt 10+ years ago and for whatever reason hadn't trained for a long long while. Said person then appeared back at training and was being completely tooled by blue belts would the instructer be forced to demote them?

I was under the impression a belt in BJJ was for life kind of thing... Much like a puppy!

Haha. just got that!
    The Part Time Grappler - Just Google BJJ / Grappling Tips and you'll find me

Demotion is not on if you ask me. If you earn a belt then you've earned it for life.

I've read about guys from smaller academies getting their BBs, then going to a bigger gym, getting smashed by all the Black Belts, some of the Browns and decided to put themselves down a belt. Can't remember names or sources though.
    For great training in Sydney, Australia go to www.bondidojo.com.au for excellent, BJJ, MMA and Muay Thai

No PRIDE. No Life