Thread: Water Loading, how to do it properly?? and what does it do?

Default Water Loading, how to do it properly?? and what does it do?

how to properly water load and why water loading is important?
    how often and how much water should i be drinking each day before the fight? how many days are you meant to water load for? and when do you stop water loading?
    James MacAlister BW pro 7-2-0 DNFT#1

Quote Originally Posted by james macalister View Post
    how often and how much water should i be drinking each day before the fight? how many days are you meant to water load for? and when do you stop water loading?

the point of water loading is to eventualy remove water from extra cellular tissue around places such as your stomach, chest and ankles ect...

by "overdosing" on water, your body responds by removing water that is stored in extra cellular tissue making you lighter! and when you eventualy hit your final phase of water loading ( dehydration for approx 24 hours ) not only will you continue to piss the water you have drank but you will have also have removed the water which is stored naturaly!...

most people find that there is roughly 1 - 2 kg extra loss of water if done correctly.

the amount of water you drink and intake over approx 5 days prior to a weigh in is dependant on size of person doing the waterload...

after " flooding " your body with water after 3 days, you reduce your water in take, andf then on the last day you cut your water intake completely! until weigh in

its not particulary pleasent!, you piss all the time and some people dont see great benefits!....

Have a read of Jays weightcutting diary on yourmma.tv mate

i fight at 57KG so am not holding alot of water or fat at all. but will it also make it easier to sauna the weight off?
    James MacAlister BW pro 7-2-0 DNFT#1

i dont know the answer to that? if your previously dehydrated for 24 hours to the weigh in then i doubt its going to help you cut "more" water than usual in sauna.

after i have water loaded i find that im still able to cut water through salt bath/sauna.

5 days b4 weigh in try drink upto 10 litres its quite hard but do as much as u can, if the weigh in is say friday do upto 10 litres everyday until wednesday drink half as much thn 24 hours b4 drink none, it fills u up so u dont eat as much too and because u have shit loads of water inside u ur weight will go up a kg or something then u can lose about 3kg in the last day because ur still pissing constantly and not taking any water in, it has something to do with sodium aswell think u want a low sodium water. not an expert but thats about wht i know u can also go in salt bath with epsom salts and rub abolene over u to sweat more or sauna in the morning of ur weigh in so maybe being 61-62kg on the wednesday and by friday morning being 57-58kg its all about dehydrating urself for the shortest time possible weighin in looking like uve took a few bags o smack thn putting it all back on and being bigger on fight day.

Quote Originally Posted by james macalister View Post
    Ask Ian Enty he has it down to a T