Thread: Best gloves?

Default Best gloves?

Im new to mma been training a few monthes and Im looking to get myself a pair of boxing gloves for sparring and pad work. I was wondering which gloves you would consider the best value and would recommend for around 30-40 pound. Thanks in advance.

I personally prefer the fairtex. But Kings & Hayabusa are up their too although all of these are around the 50+ mark and will last you a long time. Have a look at mma factory, fightshop, etc theres loads of options but buy cheap buy twice.

I agree with Baikel, I bought a pair of Lonsdale onces from Sports Direct for about 12 while I was saving a good pair - I then bought myself a pair of Punchtown ones, the Thai style ones, they are really nice and comfortable with excellent wrist support.

In the gym a lot of the guys are wearing the Thai brand, they seemt to be pretty popular.

Hey Bam. Hayabusa have been our best selling gloves for years now, there is a good selection of gear though. We now do PRO MMA which are a really good brand. Bad boy equipment well made and well priced. If you are just starting out and dont want to spend a fortune, bad boy are really good quality there 12oz gloves are very popular for pad work. By far our best sellers are the Hayabusa 10oz gloves though. Hope this helps mate

Marc

MMA Factory
    www.mmafactory.co.uk - Use discount code cagewarriors for 10% off your order

Thanks for all the advice guys, much appreciated. Think Ill check a few of them out.

You can't really go too far wrong with the big popular brands as they are the big brands for a reason and people will keep going back to them. There are always going to be alternatives but its down to personal preference. Personally I love King gloves, don't have a set myself but a few training partners have them and they feel quality and are perfect fit for me. When my current gloves are destroyed I will be getting a pair!
    Ninja

I prefer to wrap my hands in gauze, dip them in some glue and then rub my knuckles in broken glass....and to save even more money, leave them on for weeks at a time instead of using more glue n stuff.... just remember to tie pillows on your hands when you go to sleep otherwise itching your nose in the night can be problematic.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Rival Boxing are pretty decent too, a bit pricey for the top level gloves, but they also have budget ones in your pirce range

www.rivalboxing.eu
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

I have 14oz Kings - got them from here http://everything-muay-thai.com/ - best gloves i have had/used (wasnt convinced by Winning gloves and their price tag!!!!) Got a pair Sandees for on the bag as well and cant fault them either!

I have a few pairs of reyes , they are by far the best boxing glove on the market. Grants are ok but i have torn a few pairs to bits in training. EVerlast do a nice fight glove or PUG's are quite good

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/