Thread: Moving to vegas

Default Moving to vegas

Hi Guys

I'm moving to vegas for Christmas and over here at the mo (not going to do live UFC though as cheapest tickets were $500!!!)

Are there any other mma guys over here? Thinking of training again after a 10 year break to meet up with new people and drop the middle age spread. I'm living on the strip so any recommendations of clubs/gyms to train at?

Cheers

Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by elliot101 View Post
    Hi Guys

I'm moving to vegas for Christmas and over here at the mo (not going to do live UFC though as cheapest tickets were $500!!!)

Are there any other mma guys over here? Thinking of training again after a 10 year break to meet up with new people and drop the middle age spread. I'm living on the strip so any recommendations of clubs/gyms to train at?

Cheers

Elliot
    dude your in the home of MMA. vegas is a hot spot for MMA gyms and you will defonatly be able to get some top coaching. with gyms like xtreme couture, tapout gym and wands gym to name a few you should be able to find some training easily enough
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

You lucky sod, as mentioned above great set of Gyms. Most do a day pass for around $20 so you could try them all out. Wand's is just off the strip so very easy to get to.

Also check out Drysdales if you like BJJ.

Mate, Im over in Texas, but as was said Vegas is a great place to train. Go round the different gyms
    and see how you like the feel of them..

Cheers for the info, I'll go try a few

If there are any Brits over here let me know if you fancy a beer. Will be billy no mates for a while....

Cheers

El

What job do you have??

Ive been to a few gyms in Vegas, was a few years ago mind so some have prob changed since.

Coutures is a great facility, very 'pro' feel to the place. Lots of fighters there most of the time, not sure how much they cater towards general classes as much as higher level fighter classes.

Marc Laimons Cobra Kai is good no-gi place to roll.

Warrior TC (former Xyience) is very good, good mix of abilities, Forrest Griffin and a bunch of TUF guys were there when I was there, all very laid back and chilled. Good sparring :-)

J-Sec gym is great, more of a regular class if you dont want all the bells n whistles of a 'UFC' gym. Reminded me of Rocky 1 next to Coutures Rocky 4 for training!

Loads more, and Im sure lots of new ones as I was there years ago. Hopefully be back there a bit 2012 as work is taking me that way now :-)

LA just down the rd with loads more great gyms also! You wont be stuck for choice!

anyone that moves to Vegas that isn't me is a cunny, fact
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore