Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Children in Need' Just Giving Page for UK MMA. Show your support for UK MMA!!

Default 'Children in Need' Just Giving Page for UK MMA. Show your support for UK MMA!!

www.justgiving.com/ukmma

The idea of this page is to raise money for the BBC's Charity 'Children in Need'. The charity does fantastic work for many children in the UK and worldwide (http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey/).
    My idea is for people associated with UK Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) to donate all raised funds through one site so we can show the collective total of UK MMA together. Please also tell friends, fans and family of Martial Arts or just anyone donating to Children in Need to donate through this link. If everyone on my facebook fan page (http://www.facebook.com/tomkongwatson 7,858 people) donates ten pounds we would raise a staggering 78,580!!!
    Over recent months MMA has received much negative press, some warranted and some not. I would like this fundraising page to demonstrate how members of the UK Martial arts community help Children daily throughout the UK, The classes at the gym's we train/teach at year round help change many young lifes for the better. I feel strongly that the Media needs to recognise MMA is a fantastic sport in the UK not this perpetuated street brawlin', child-fighting furore we have been labelled repeatedly as. I hope we can turn the tide on the current media portayal and public perception and give many young people a better chance at the same time.
    Any fundraising activities qualify just give this link as your donation base and hopefully on Friday 18th November we can give a huge check to Children in Need on the BBC from UK MMA!

BakedBean.. Please make this the top thread everyday. I know you can do it!!!
    Last edited by cagewarriorsadvertising; 09-11-2011 at 10:18 AM.

No donations yet good job UK MMA. We really do promote the sport well

Done, c'mon guys!
    "Yes, making mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep" Rudyard Kipling

Cheers Tez. I really think If UK promotions get behind it and everyone trai inv out of all the Uk gyms we could donate a serious amount and shut the negative mainstream media up at least for a day!

Quote Originally Posted by gorillaacademy View Post
    Cheers Tez. I really think If UK promotions get behind it and everyone trai inv out of all the Uk gyms we could donate a serious amount and shut the negative mainstream media up at least for a day!
    I've posted it up on FB too, Easy to do even for a competer illierate like me!
    "Yes, making mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep" Rudyard Kipling

Wow, with all the negativity about lately this is a warm and refreshing beacon of light.
    Now if somebody can just start talking some smack on this thread we will be at 10,000 views by the end of the week! SLEDGE!!!!!

115 views and only about 7-8 donation's off the forum is a joke. Come on you bunch of minge bag's it takes 2 minute's to do and every donation no matter how small will make a difference to suffering babies and kid's who need all the help and support they can get. I know there's a few tools on the forum but there's alot more good people on here so get ye hand's in ye arse pocket's and spare some money for one of the best charities there is.
    www.KAOBON.com www.AUTOSTYLEALLOYWHEELS.CO.UK www.BODYFUEL.COM www.ASSECURITYLIMITED.COM

I've like, totally made a donation to help the liddle orphan kiddies, but errrr.. don't like to talk about my work for chariddddy
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

What I would like is the UK MMA shows to step up & donate something. Cagewarriors, Bamma, UCMMA, Knuckle Up would all benefit from MMA getting good press of this. It might be the start to being recognised and getting a governing body. Who knows.
    I have a few more ideas I am working on. Hopefully some more of the well known figures in UK MMA step up and raise money in there own way & we can donate a massive lump sum

Good Work Kong !!!
    ''All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice''