Thread: Coming back from injury

Unhappy Coming back from injury

Hey, just gonna be straight forward, I sustained an injury about 8-10 weeks a go Thai Boxing, I was swept and caught myself awkwardly and it impacted negativley on my right shoulder. After 2 weeks of trying to train through it, it became too much of a problem and I was forced to rest. I am scheduled to see a pysio soon, but have not been given an exact date which makes me feel as if it could be a while. After being to the doctors a few times I was told that it's soft tissue damage (the first doctor said muscle, then a colleage of his said ligament, basically I don't know which haha), but it's starting to feel a lot looser and less painful.
    Just after some tips on how (when i'm 100%) to work my way back into training without rushing my shoulder too much???
    Thank you XD

I had about 18 months off after a pretty bad bike accident so know it can be hard after time off. Just get back in at your own pace, dont expect to much in the first couple of weeks but it will all click back into place pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by simpy View Post
    had about 18 months off after a pretty bad bike accident so know it can be hard after time off. Just get back in at your own pace, dont expect to much in the first couple of weeks but it will all click back into place pretty quick.
    Thanks man I will do, just got anxious about throwing my right hand, and I know I'm more likley to get stuff wrong and re injure it if I hesitate with it, it's like stupid cycle really. frustrating me I love nothing more than training n when you can't, you don't know what to do with yourself. I couldn't imagine 18 months off though, what did you injure?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeanson View Post
    Thanks man I will do, just got anxious about throwing my right hand, and I know I'm more likley to get stuff wrong and re injure it if I hesitate with it, it's like stupid cycle really. frustrating me I love nothing more than training n when you can't, you don't know what to do with yourself. I couldn't imagine 18 months off though, what did you injure?
    I had an open fracture to my right ancle and a ruptured achilles tendon. Not nice at all. Still gives me troubles when running but now its not effecting my fight game one bit.