Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The EDL.

steve_langford

Default The EDL.

What are your views on the EDL?
    Are you willing to say if you're a EDL member?

They are a bunch of very confused individuals who do not seem to realise that English people are originally immigrants to this island nation who speak a Germanic (so non-native) language and have a religion that was spawned in the Middle-East (Christ was born in modern day Israel, so is hardly English), and whose cultural norms are inspired by this Middle-Eastern belief system (e.g., the belief that homosexuality is wrong, as inspired by Sodom and Gomorrah). Neither the language, religion, or culture of English people are native to these shores and were imposed by invading and conquering forces.

When the EDL complain about immigrants coming to the country, not respecting it's language, religion, culture, etc, what they are actually describing is themselves and their ancestors.

In polite terms, they are a bunch of silly sausages.

Bunch of cunts!

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

think they are worried about the world changing, but it's always changing, much to their chagrin.
    Last edited by Jimmy Boogaloo; 24-11-2011 at 12:17 AM.
    'maybe on reflection that was a genuine grievance and not a gimmick. '

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    They are a bunch of very confused individuals who do not seem to realise that English people are originally immigrants to this island nation who speak a Germanic (so non-native) language and have a religion that was spawned in the Middle-East (Christ was born in modern day Israel, so is hardly English), and whose cultural norms are inspired by this Middle-Eastern belief system (e.g., the belief that homosexuality is wrong, as inspired by Sodom and Gomorrah). Neither the language, religion, or culture of English people are native to these shores and were imposed by invading and conquering forces.

When the EDL complain about immigrants coming to the country, not respecting it's language, religion, culture, etc, what they are actually describing is themselves and their ancestors.

This. Very well said

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

oh what the fuck? start thinking i'm a bit clever with use of the word chagrin - i look it up and the internet fucking pwns me.

cha·grin (sh-grn)
    n.
    A keen feeling of mental unease, as of annoyance or embarrassment, caused by failure, disappointment, or a disconcerting event: To her chagrin, the party ended just as she arrived.
    tr.v. cha·grined, cha·grin·ing, cha·grins
    To cause to feel chagrin; mortify or discomfit: He was chagrined at the poor sales of his book.
    'maybe on reflection that was a genuine grievance and not a gimmick. '

steve_langford

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post

I think you've pretty much described the BNP there mate?
    As far as I'm aware the EDL are just anti-Sharia law? Not anti 'foreigner' so to speak.

LOL Was just watching a documentary on Current about Islamophobia last night which, suprisingly enough, featured the EDL quite prominently.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_langford View Post
    As far as I'm aware the EDL are just anti-Sharia law? Not anti 'foreigner' so to speak.
    Who isn't anti-sharia law? The EDL are a stalking horse for the far right. Look up some of their protests on YouTube and listen to what they are chanting.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_langford View Post
    That's right, bless 'em. They just hate the homophobia and misogynism of islam. It's why the EDL is full of homosexuals and women.

oh wait....