Thread: New MMA documentaries 2011/12 and onward

Default New MMA documentaries 2011/12 and onward

Hey people, just want to keep you all in the loop about the growing cache of MMA documentaries

The documentary "Fighting to win" will show the MMA's growth worldwide. Check the official movie page.

The vale tudo competitions, which originated in Brazil with the Gracie family, became MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) and a great success in several countries. The documentary "Fighting to win" (temporary title) will show this story, which will be guiding by the career of coach Andre Pederneiras. Voted the best coach in the world in 2010, he is leader of one of today's most famous teams, the Nova Uniao, which has recognized fighters in the UFC, Bellator and other events. In common between them, stories of life marked by poor childhood, family breakdown and exclusion. With the MMA, athletes fight to win and change their destiny.

Nova Uniao had more than 80% of wins in 2011 and has idols such as Jose Aldo Junior, Renan Barao, Diego Nunes, Ronnys Markes, Johnny Eduardo, Luis Beição, Marlon Sandro and Eduardo Dantas. Besides the Brazilian athletes, fighters like Urijah Faber, Kenny Florian and others are in the documentary. The film is being shot in Brazil, United States and Europe and is expected to be released in 2012
    Bushido 3D (Involve Media LTD UK)
    http://involvemedianews.blogspot.com/
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2022348/
    BUSHIDO-3D offers a unique insight into Brazils marginalised favela community through the eyes of a young prize fighter from the Santo Amaro favela in Rio. Highly touted as a world class mixed martial arts (MMA) prospect, Hacran Dias lives within the violence and poverty of Rios favela communities; where the Brazilian government is at war with armed gangs battling for control of the drugs trade. We follow our fighters journey to a full contact Mixed Martial Arts event where he will literally have to kick, punch and submit his way out of poverty. Hacrans journey will be shocking and inspirational, representing a clear metaphor for the difficulties faced by the favela community in their battle for survival amidst the drugs cartels, police brutality and poverty of Rios favela communities. Bushido-3D presents the mediations of these warriors against the backdrop of their path to battle, in breath taking digital 3D.
    Sangre Nueva Documentary

Sangre Nueva, directed by Bobby Razak is a documentary taking a close look at Mexican-American MMA fighters Cain Velasquez, Gilbert Melendez and Miguel Torres.

Striking Truth 3D
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1630565/plotsummary
    Documentary for charismatic Ultimate Fighting Champion Georges St-Pierre and dynamic MMA fighter David "The Crow" Loiseau. The movie follows the two fighters over the past four years, starting with UFC 58 USA vs. Canada where Loiseau was fighting for the championship against Rich Franklin and Georges was the co-main event against BJ Penn. The film juxtaposes their two careers with St. Pierre's meteoric rise to UFC champion and Loiseau facing personal challenges. The movie charts their respective ups and downs as they follow their paths. The project includes exclusive, never before seen footage of all that took place behind the scenes as well as scenes shot using the latest in 3D technology. The Project is directed by Steven J. Wong and is Executive Produced by James Hergott with 3D and action directing by Bobby Razak.
    A bunch of others - will update as I get more info

So out of those ones which one seems the most interesting?

Come on man! Give me some feedback!

**NSFW**
    Paul Jenkins
    Pro Fighter

I'm rocking this documentry for the past few weeks.

Not MMA but hey, it is nearly Christmas and it ships from the US real quick....

The Hands
    "Try masturbating during a thunderstorm. Seriously. It makes you feel like Thor."

Here Come Da Pain......

www.dogsofwar.info

Quote Originally Posted by Hands Of Stone View Post
    I'm rocking this documentry for the past few weeks.

Not MMA but hey, it is nearly Christmas and it ships from the US real quick....

The Hands
    Thats looks friggin sweeet - might log on, cough I mean watch the documentary...

But seriously Mr Jenkins - which doc grabs your fancy from the ones above?

**NSFW**
    Paul Jenkins
    Pro Fighter

You can't log-on to insex.com cos the Feds closed it down. Some Dutch company is throwing around their old content though.

As for the MMA documentaries (which I'm chuffed to fuck over cos I collect boxing/MMA/combat sport docs) I'm totally sold on the Bushido 3D, through and through.
    Whats news on Bobby Razak, too ? He loaned me his house in Hollywood for four days when I fought for the WEC so it's cool if he's still involved with shit...

The Hands
    "Try masturbating during a thunderstorm. Seriously. It makes you feel like Thor."

Here Come Da Pain......

www.dogsofwar.info

Quote Originally Posted by Hands Of Stone View Post
    You can't log-on to insex.com cos the Feds closed it down. Some Dutch company is throwing around their old content though.

As for the MMA documentaries (which I'm chuffed to fuck over cos I collect boxing/MMA/combat sport docs) I'm totally sold on the Bushido 3D, through and through.
    Whats news on Bobby Razak, too ? He loaned me his house in Hollywood for four days when I fought for the WEC so it's cool if he's still involved with shit...

The Hands
    Jesus. I would NEVER trust you in my house LOL!

Bobby is a cool guy - as far as I know he has been tied up finishing his History or MMA documentary. I think he premiered it a couple weeks ago in NY. You guys must know each other from back in the day - I had no idea he was one of the pioneers until I spoke to Jess who said he was one of the few guys with good jits back then. B3D is close man! So close!
    Last edited by ShaolinSubz02; 30-11-2011 at 03:31 PM.

I found it: