Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Irainians burn union flag in Tehran

Iranian diplomats have 48hours to leave the UK I have just read. This is getting more and more serious it seems, when do we EVER give ultimatums like that?!!
    Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Mattchoo View Post
    Nuclear weapons are more of a deterrent though in my opinion, yeah the Americans used them on the Japs but with todays world and with most economies/countries intwined within each others in some form or another. No major world powers will use them on each other, what is the point. They would both be gone within a day and I am sure the decision to do that would never arise as the whole point of conflict would then be pointless. They all could blow the world multiple times over so I think it would more end in conventional warfare or statemates I suppose. Say the Chinese had one sent to the US, the US would beat them to it and hit them first whilst theirs is airbourne too anyway, now they have the power to fly a strike in anywhere in the world within an hour also, nobody else can. None of the major powers are THAT suicidal to be fair anyway though. Many can't reach us either, such as Pakistans.

I think NK is a bit of a wildcard puppet too as the whole NK situation ensures troops and bases are kept in South Korea and Japan, again only helping surround China/Russia which is maybe why they haven't been invaded. Isreal helps too being so closely tied with the US and having one of the most technologically advanced military/cyberwarfare available, albeit smaller and less financed though obviously. The US get a lot of flack, but really there is nobody who can stand up to them if it were to go crazy, plus powerful allies.

For sure it is a planned move, I have a bet with my buddy that there will be military action on either Iran/Syria by summer 2012, it is inevitable really.

God I do rant!! lol!

Sure. But you do realise that America has been seriously considering using nuclear weapons on Iran to get rid of their nuclear threat. (see headline like this http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008...epalestinians1 and this http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition...srael-1.259303 etc 'Israel Needs A Preemptive Nuclear Strike Against Iran' http://www.israelnewsagency.com/iran...el3890624.html)
    They have been working with Israel (who are extremely paranoid and with there own agenda) developing the idea. Basically Israel have pretty much as many needed to wipe out life on earth - between 75–200, they also refuse to sign up to the uclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. I am not worried about nulear war and dont have a tin hat or a nuclear bunker but it does seem that the increasing shit storm in the middle east (and current strong worded statements from goverment) are part of a clear effort by UK, USA and Israel to ride the wave of revolution to regime change in Iran - but the thing is I dont think they give too much of a shit about regime change just infrastructure destruction
    Last edited by ShaolinSubz02; 30-11-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinSubz02 View Post
    Sure. But you do realise that America has been seriously considering using nuclear weapons on Iran to get rid of their nuclear threat. (see headline like this http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008...epalestinians1 and this http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition...srael-1.259303 etc 'Israel Needs A Preemptive Nuclear Strike Against Iran' http://www.israelnewsagency.com/iran...el3890624.html)
    They have been working with Israel (who are extremely paranoid and with there own agenda) developing the idea. Basically Israel have pretty much as many needed to wipe out life on earth - between 75–200, they also refuse to sign up to the uclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. I am not worried about nulear war and dont have a tin hat or a nuclear bunker but it does seem that the increasing shit storm in the middle east (and current strong worded statements from goverment) are part of a clear effort by UK, USA and Israel to ride the wave of revolution to regime change in Iran - but the thing is I dont think they give too much of a shit about regime change just infrastructure destruction
    Yeah that is very true, I didn't realise that it was genuinely being put into consideration. I thought it was Israel pushing for it in response to Iran stating they want to wipe them off the face of the earth and vice versa. You are definitely right on the regime change, Iran have always seemingly been rather mental in their ideas from what I have gathered. From the way the shitstorm is going, I don't think much of the middle eastern world would support a nuclear armed Iran. I am sure Isreal will be right in there first followed by the US and everybody else if the works do not stop. Makes you wonder why they have carried on with the impending threats.. Seeing as they have a respectable conventional army too rather than guerrila groups, it would be a cakewalk for Israel/US/allies involved.
    Last edited by Mattchoo; 30-11-2011 at 07:04 PM.
    Ninja

More than likely government backed, but lets be honest NATO (aka America, Israel and Britain) have invaded the middle east killing millions, and they have the cheek to impose sancitions on a country which hasn't invaded anyone in over 100 years, calling it a terrorist state yet broadcasting a Republican debate where the candidates openly mentioned about bombing Iranian nuclear facilities regardless what they were for, is this not terrorism? If Iran did that to Israel what would that be called? "A strategic strike", my fucking arse it would.
    What the US and their buddies are looking to achieve is what they did in the Iranian revolution and what they did in Libya, start an uprising then steal...I mean freeze billions, this is gang behaviour, money dries up lets go rob some people.
    Now where the embassy trouble comes in, is that if you asscociate yourself with this behaviour a retalliation is iminent, which is what has happened, but this is not the Iranian people its the mullahs who have ruined Iran, before the revolution, which was insighted and backed by the US and British there were couple thousand mullahs in Iran, after revolution looks to have increased 10X over, just a mess.
    Last edited by Gbdaz; 02-12-2011 at 01:41 AM.

The USA or the UK didn't support the Iranian revolution, if anything they were pro The Shah.

The Iranian public have a deep held belief that the British are responsible for nearly anything that goes on there. I watched an interesting documantary on the subject.

If you were to set up a business manufacturing American and British flags in these countries, you would make a mint!

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewC View Post
    The USA or the UK didn't support the Iranian revolution, if anything they were pro The Shah.

The Iranian public have a deep held belief that the British are responsible for nearly anything that goes on there. I watched an interesting documantary on the subject.
    Yes they did, khomeini was backed by the british and americans, they back the people they want when it suits them, who made the documentary btw, the bbc?
    As well Iran was bombed a few weeks ago by either Nato or Israel, maybe this was a removal of Nato in Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbdaz View Post
    Yes they did, khomeini was backed by the british and americans, they back the people they want when it suits them, who made the documentary btw, the bbc?
    As well Iran was bombed a few weeks ago by either Nato or Israel, maybe this was a removal of Nato in Iran.

It was more an explosion at a military base, rather than being 'bombed' as you say though. Are you pro Iran by the way? Do you support their erratic behaviour? Most of the middle east would object to a nuclear armed Iran would they not?

Also it is only going one way, they are going to get smoked by Isreal or the US or our forces soon I think if they do not stop. I don't think it will be a problem doing so either but people like to believe it would be, Iraq was recognised as the most powerful military in the region pre Iraq war and Iran were in a long standing war with them before too which they failed to complete. US/Allies completely dismantled Iraq in a matter of days, it was the occupying them which was the problem. Iran would shit their pants majorly if it really began to become a shitstorm for them, I was reading somewhere they did so when US shown how easily they can deal with Iraq rather than take 8 years (I think) of failed Iran/Iraq war to do so or something which Iran did.

I am not sure why they have seemingly ignored and proceeded with their developments myself, when the strikes go in there will be nothing left of their developments and any resistance they try to put up. Why not play ball with the world, but then you could say.. well why should they! ..Still though, they have always seemed mental. Which makes me think once things go hairy for them, they will stop very quickly.
    Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Gbdaz View Post
    I for one am quite scared at the thought of that fooking lunatic Ahmadinejad having access to Nukes,

The Shah of Iran was backed by most Western powers and was seen as a puppet to the West, this was one of the reasons for the revolution. Or were there dark forces at work that I'm not aware of.

I'm not denying that the UK and USA will back whoever suits them. I firmly believe that to be true. It realpolitik, it’s a reality around the world. Iran is backing Shia based resistance movements across the Middle East and have done for donkeys years, because it ‘suits them’. They also support the current Syrian Government (the ones killing thousands of their own citizens) because Assad is a Shia (an Alawite which is a Shia sect) and it 'suits them' It’s what happens in the dirty world of international politics, it’s been going on forever and to think otherwise is stupid. ALL governments are at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattchoo View Post
    It was more an explosion at a military base, rather than being 'bombed' as you say though. Are you pro Iran by the way? Do you support their erratic behaviour? Most of the middle east would object to a nuclear armed Iran would they not?

Also it is only going one way, they are going to get smoked by Isreal or the US or our forces soon I think if they do not stop. I don't think it will be a problem doing so either but people like to believe it would be, Iraq was recognised as the most powerful military in the region pre Iraq war and Iran were in a long standing war with them before too which they failed to complete. US/Allies completely dismantled Iraq in a matter of days, it was the occupying them which was the problem. Iran would shit their pants majorly if it really began to become a shitstorm for them, I was reading somewhere they did so when US shown how easily they can deal with Iraq rather than take 8 years (I think) of failed Iran/Iraq war to do so or something which Iran did.

I am not sure why they have seemingly ignored and proceeded with their developments myself, when the strikes go in there will be nothing left of their developments and any resistance they try to put up. Why not play ball with the world, but then you could say.. well why should they! ..Still though, they have always seemed mental. Which makes me think once things go hairy for them, they will stop very quickly.
    Erratic behaviour, would you call bombing and invading other countries erratic? Most of the middle east are out to rob each other.
    I can see by what you have written, you know very little about Iran other than what your given by the sun, Iran after the revolution were invaded by Iraq who were backed by the british and americans, Iran for starters is about 3 times the size of iraq with a much higher population and more advanced living conditions, the people are proud people, not like the Iraqi who a lot being Kurds hated Saddam.
    Your last paragraph, i'm not even going to comment, it just highlights your ignorance.