Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jailed Afghan rape victim freed but 'to marry attacker'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    That's a bellendrical post. He means humankind, not him.
    It's always so easy to get a bite on this forum lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Leesin View Post
    It's always so easy to get a bite on this forum lol.
    I like the word bellendrical though, I'm going to adopt it!
    "Yes, making mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep" Rudyard Kipling

Well I don't have much Information about this.
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnfitOne View Post
    Well I don't have much Information about this.
    Hahahaha
    Tea Drinker for Life, but preaching tolerance for the Children of Coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tez View Post
    No, it's not at all. 'if anything' it's a tribal law. What you call 'Deuteronony' is a Christian translation of the orignal Aramaic it was written in. What you read in the Christian Bible is mostly mistranslated as it's gone from Aramiac to Greek to Latin then to English with politcal comments put in by the various churches and ruling governments/monarchs. Don't put this one on us. What you quoted was in English, read it in Hebrew and you'll find it different altogether, there is no mention of this type of law in the original.

I wouldn't bother getting duff info off sites btw!

well i wont argue if im right or not because for one, i dont read aramaic, greek or any laungage other than english. but wouldnt your argument go for the whole bible then? because it was all translated from them tongues into english. do you have a accurate translation of the verse?

im assumeing your jewish? i didnt mean any offence by my post.

Quote Originally Posted by taffdragon View Post
    well i wont argue if im right or not because for one, i dont read aramaic, greek or any laungage other than english. but wouldnt your argument go for the whole bible then? because it was all translated from them tongues into english. do you have a accurate translation of the verse?

im assumeing your jewish? i didnt mean any offence by my post.
    Yes I have the 'correct' translation (of what you'd call the old testament, we obviously don't have the new lol) and yes I'm Jewish. There isn't such a verse in the original.
    The translation is different in many ways which actually make a difference if you are religious such as the law that says in English 'thou shalt not kill' which should be 'thou shalt not murder'. The difference is that you can kill in self defence or are a soldier fighting in wars but not go up and kill the mother in law because she's annoying you! The King James Bible was translated in such a way to make sure the people didn't go against the king or the powers in charge, many of the Bibles were translated that way and also in the New Testament to leave the part of women out, there were women bishops in the early christian church but if you notice much of what is written is anti women...ie we are evil beings who lead men astray ( men should be so lucky!).

we are evil beings who lead men astray

I have quoted this for truth.
    Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Mattchoo View Post
    I have quoted this for truth.
    As I said though...only if you are lucky! "When I'm good I'm good and when I'm bad I'm even better!"

Women have often led me astray, all over their faces.
    Tea Drinker for Life, but preaching tolerance for the Children of Coffee.

Yes I have the 'correct' translation (of what you'd call the old testament, we obviously don't have the new lol) and yes I'm Jewish. There isn't such a verse in the original.
    The translation is different in many ways which actually make a difference if you are religious such as the law that says in English 'thou shalt not kill' which should be 'thou shalt not murder'. The difference is that you can kill in self defence or are a soldier fighting in wars but not go up and kill the mother in law because she's annoying you! The King James Bible was translated in such a way to make sure the people didn't go against the king or the powers in charge, many of the Bibles were translated that way and also in the New Testament to leave the part of women out, there were women bishops in the early christian church but if you notice much of what is written is anti women...ie we are evil beings who lead men astray ( men should be so lucky!).
    so that verse isnt even in the original aramaic versions?

could you point me to some sources please so i can have a read more about it. ive read some other things like that on a muslim forum i haunt lol but i thought tbh that it was just propaganda by them.