Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: Jailed Afghan rape victim freed but 'to marry attacker'

  1. #21
    Prince of Bel-Air Leesin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Harlow, Essex
    Posts
    2,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    That's a bellendrical post. He means humankind, not him.
    It's always so easy to get a bite on this forum lol.

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leesin View Post
    It's always so easy to get a bite on this forum lol.
    I like the word bellendrical though, I'm going to adopt it!
    "Yes, making mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep" Rudyard Kipling

  3. #23

    Default

    Well I don't have much Information about this.
    Gary.

    Doesn't have a signature anymore

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnfitOne View Post
    Well I don't have much Information about this.
    Hahahaha
    Tea Drinker for Life, but preaching tolerance for the Children of Coffee.

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Tez View Post
    No, it's not at all. 'if anything' it's a tribal law. What you call 'Deuteronony' is a Christian translation of the orignal Aramaic it was written in. What you read in the Christian Bible is mostly mistranslated as it's gone from Aramiac to Greek to Latin then to English with politcal comments put in by the various churches and ruling governments/monarchs. Don't put this one on us. What you quoted was in English, read it in Hebrew and you'll find it different altogether, there is no mention of this type of law in the original.

    I wouldn't bother getting duff info off sites btw!


    well i wont argue if im right or not because for one, i dont read aramaic, greek or any laungage other than english. but wouldnt your argument go for the whole bible then? because it was all translated from them tongues into english. do you have a accurate translation of the verse?

    im assumeing your jewish? i didnt mean any offence by my post.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taffdragon View Post
    well i wont argue if im right or not because for one, i dont read aramaic, greek or any laungage other than english. but wouldnt your argument go for the whole bible then? because it was all translated from them tongues into english. do you have a accurate translation of the verse?

    im assumeing your jewish? i didnt mean any offence by my post.
    Yes I have the 'correct' translation (of what you'd call the old testament, we obviously don't have the new lol) and yes I'm Jewish. There isn't such a verse in the original.
    The translation is different in many ways which actually make a difference if you are religious such as the law that says in English 'thou shalt not kill' which should be 'thou shalt not murder'. The difference is that you can kill in self defence or are a soldier fighting in wars but not go up and kill the mother in law because she's annoying you! The King James Bible was translated in such a way to make sure the people didn't go against the king or the powers in charge, many of the Bibles were translated that way and also in the New Testament to leave the part of women out, there were women bishops in the early christian church but if you notice much of what is written is anti women...ie we are evil beings who lead men astray ( men should be so lucky!).
    "Yes, making mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep" Rudyard Kipling

  7. #27
    Senior Member Mattchoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Tez View Post
    we are evil beings who lead men astray

    I have quoted this for truth.
    Ninja

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattchoo View Post
    I have quoted this for truth.
    As I said though...only if you are lucky! "When I'm good I'm good and when I'm bad I'm even better!"
    "Yes, making mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep" Rudyard Kipling

  9. #29

    Default

    Women have often led me astray, all over their faces.
    Tea Drinker for Life, but preaching tolerance for the Children of Coffee.

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Tez View Post
    Yes I have the 'correct' translation (of what you'd call the old testament, we obviously don't have the new lol) and yes I'm Jewish. There isn't such a verse in the original.
    The translation is different in many ways which actually make a difference if you are religious such as the law that says in English 'thou shalt not kill' which should be 'thou shalt not murder'. The difference is that you can kill in self defence or are a soldier fighting in wars but not go up and kill the mother in law because she's annoying you! The King James Bible was translated in such a way to make sure the people didn't go against the king or the powers in charge, many of the Bibles were translated that way and also in the New Testament to leave the part of women out, there were women bishops in the early christian church but if you notice much of what is written is anti women...ie we are evil beings who lead men astray ( men should be so lucky!).
    so that verse isnt even in the original aramaic versions?

    could you point me to some sources please so i can have a read more about it. ive read some other things like that on a muslim forum i haunt lol but i thought tbh that it was just propaganda by them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.