Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jailed Afghan rape victim freed but 'to marry attacker'

Quote Originally Posted by taffdragon View Post
    so that verse isnt even in the original aramaic versions?

could you point me to some sources please so i can have a read more about it. ive read some other things like that on a muslim forum i haunt lol but i thought tbh that it was just propaganda by them.
    LOL at 'haunting!' Most of the Muslim sites I'm afraid are anti semitic which is ironic actually. It's the whole Israel is horrid to the Arabs thing, Israel is such a bully to those countries you know lol! Like that nasty David killing that poor little Goliath chappie.

I'll have a look for some sources for you, am off training in a minute. I'll ask the guys too about the Afghans they worked with, most are squaddies who were out there last year. I know the female medics treated a lot of the Afghan women and children but they could only do it AFTER the men had been treated! Any society that puts it's children second is a wrong one to my mind.
    "Yes, making mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep" – Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by The Tez View Post
    LOL at 'haunting!' Most of the Muslim sites I'm afraid are anti semitic which is ironic actually. It's the whole Israel is horrid to the Arabs thing, Israel is such a bully to those countries you know lol! Like that nasty David killing that poor little Goliath chappie.

I'll have a look for some sources for you, am off training in a minute. I'll ask the guys too about the Afghans they worked with, most are squaddies who were out there last year. I know the female medics treated a lot of the Afghan women and children but they could only do it AFTER the men had been treated! Any society that puts it's children second is a wrong one to my mind.
    yeah fair play they dont like the israilies much. with so much shared history and culture its a pity really.

i appreciate that, thanks.

yeah fair play they dont like the israilies much. with so much shared history and culture its a pity really.

i appreciate that, thanks.
    It has a little to do with a apartheid style state. Just saying...

Tez, you might approve of this Link and Taff - you might find this helpful.
    http://www.jewfaq.org/index.htm

I've studied theology for about 9 years now and a huge part of it is that exactly as Tez said, mistranslations and political stances effectively raped a lot of text (excuse the terminology considering the thread) from the original texts.

Academically (and because I now don't care who I offend) - Islam stinks and doesn't hold up.
    That's not a claim to then sell my own agenda though; it's a theological perspective and anybody other than an Imam, I'm sure will tell you from a neutral perspective that Islam is based only on Islam.., not as it claims based on original ideas and laws of God. Fuck it - with a post like this, I may aswell be working for the Sun Newspaper.
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

Quote Originally Posted by Will Samuelson View Post

I've studied theology for about 9 years now and a huge part of it is that exactly as Tez said, mistranslations and political stances effectively raped a lot of text (excuse the terminology considering the thread) from the original texts.

Academically (and because I now don't care who I offend) - Islam stinks and doesn't hold up.
    That's not a claim to then sell my own agenda though; it's a theological perspective and anybody other than an Imam, I'm sure will tell you from a neutral perspective that Islam is based only on Islam.., not as it claims based on original ideas and laws of God. Fuck it - with a post like this, I may aswell be working for the Sun Newspaper.
    Not really, I have plenty of Muslim friends who bang on about Islam to me - they know I think its all woffle as is every other fucking religion under the sun - sure lots of good things in them - yeah some have some hidden mysteries and spiritual metaphors etc - does not stop it being all a little like BS to me. (Wheres my Sun and my white van??)

The only point I wanted to bring accross there was that Islam is not theologicaly viable.
    This is only academic - not whether God is real or not real. That's a thread of several hundred pages and we all know that!!

I was tempted to edit my own original post there to:
    "I'm a fucking tool and know to never get involved in threads like this 'cos they piss me off and we all read into things how we want. Fuck it - fuck you all and most of all fuck me for fucking fuckkkkk". However, I haven't reached that point yet
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinSubz02 View Post
    It has a little to do with a apartheid style state. Just saying...
    yeah thats not helping i agree.

but even in the quran 1400 years ago there loads of jew bashing.

thanks will, ill check it out after dinner.

yeah thats not helping i agree.

but even in the quran 1400 years ago there loads of jew bashing.
    Totally. Sort of like reading the paper of the time from a particularly bias point of view - similar to reading the Jerusalem Post or watching anything on FOX

The only point I wanted to bring accross there was that Islam is not theologicaly viable.
    This is only academic - not whether God is real or not real. That's a thread of several hundred pages and we all know that!!

I was tempted to edit my own original post there to:
    "I'm a fucking tool and know to never get involved in threads like this 'cos they piss me off and we all read into things how we want. Fuck it - fuck you all and most of all fuck me for fucking fuckkkkk". However, I haven't reached that point yet

Yeah no I know what you are sayin, but my Mate is always trying to refer to older texts outside of the old testament such as the dead sea scrolls to back up his version of Islamic theism - but then so is my other friend who reads into the old scritpures some pretty interesting interpretations to do with Alien visitation...