Thread: RESULTS: UMA IV British Open Grappling Championships

Default RESULTS: UMA IV British Open Grappling Championships

UMA IV British Open Grappling Championships

Saturday December 3rd 2011

Results: http://www.umauk.co.uk/2011%20Event%...ember_2011.htm
    Web: umauk.co.uk - Facebook: facebook.com/UnitedMartialAlliance - Twitter: twitter.com/UMA_NGB

I was away on holiday so wasn't there but well done to the Leicester Shootfighters lads who put a small team together last minute and headed up to this comp winning 4 medals (1 gold, 3 silver). Shame Patrick didn't get to fight for bronze in his first comp but heard he's been given free entry to next comp because of the mistake.

In fact, they took 2nd in the team rankings. I say 2nd, even though they are listed 3rd with "Independent Fighters" above them. I don't understand that as surely it's the OPPOSITE of being in a club/team so shouldn't be included in a club/team ranking? Grouping them together makes no sense, wouldn't being an "independent" and not representing a club/team be the one thing that automatically removes you from being put together and included in that particular ranking?

Nathan
    Head Coach at Leicester Shootfighters
    Sponsored by Caged Steel and Empire Fight Shop