Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WRESTLING TOURNAMENT For MMA guys February 19th 2012

Default WRESTLING TOURNAMENT For MMA guys February 19th 2012

MMA Wrestling is hosting a Wrestling tournament that best suits MMA guys so now is your time to get your experience on the Wrestling mat.

Date: February 19th 2012

Venue: St Josephs RC High School and Sports College Chorley New Road, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6H

AGE CATEGORYS: 14-17 Years olds category, 18 + category

WEIGHT CATEGORYS:

14-17Yrs – 57kg, 63kg, 69kg, 76kg, 86kg,93kg, 98kg +

18 +- 57kg, 63kg, 69kg, 76kg, 86kg,93kg, 98kg +

EXPERIENCE CATEGORY: Less than 2 years experience, over 2 years experience
    (These category’s are only in the 18+ age group)

ENTRY FEE: 15 PER COMPETITOR PAID @ WWW.MMAWRESTLING.CO.UK

WATCHING FEE: 5 (ALSO RECEIVE A FREE PROGRAM) PAID ON THE DOOR

For all the details of this event http://www.mmawrestling.co.uk/Tournaments.htm
    and and print off the form for all the information ,rules,points system,hotels

There will be some forms that you will need to sign and send back before you can wrestle in this tournament follow the link above.

any questions email: mgrundy@mmawrestling.co.uk
    Last edited by michaelgrundywrestling; 01-01-2012 at 07:36 PM.
    www.mmawrestling.co.uk

Rōnin

Cool are you doing this in a cage then. I guess that is the biggest difference to standard wrestling, having to wrestle with a wall in MMA.
    Last edited by Rōnin; 05-12-2011 at 04:40 PM.

No mate wont be in a cage but the its a wrestling tournament only for MMA guys to attend and the rules are a little different like there wont be as much time on the ground its mainly about the take downs and the defending the take downs here is the rules.

Uniform:
    Tight Top, shorts, wrestling boots or bare foot.

Basic points system:

1 point = push opponent out of red circle.
    Get around the back of opponent when he’s down.

2 points = Exposing opponents back to the mat e.g rolling them over their shoulders.

3 points = Taking opponent down from standing to their back.

Pin = When both shoulder blades are flat to the mat.

Match Rules:

There are 2 rounds 2minutes each round 30sec rest between each round if you both won 1
    round each then there will be a 3rd
    round to decide the winner. After each round the scores
    will go back to 0-0 if you pin in any round the full match is over. If after a round it is 0-0 and
    no points have been scored it will go to clinch which is where a red and blue coin is tossed if
    it lands on your color you get to choose opponents leg grab when referee says then start to
    wrestle from there you will have 30secs to take down.

How to win a match and round:
    To win a round you have to get 6 clear points on opponent e.g. 6-0, 7-1, 8-2, 9-3 ect or be
    winning on points at end of round this is the same in every round or if you pin opponent the
    full match is over or if the round is 1-1 or 2-2 the person who scored the last point will win the round.

But if somebody scores 2 1points and the other guy scores a straight 2 he will win the round even if the other guy scores last with a 1 point same if he gets 3 points and the other guy has scored 3 1points.

Objective is to stay off your back and scramble away from every takedown and enjoy the
    tournament by testing yourself and gaining experience

ALL RULES WILL BE EXPLAINED ON THE DAY OF THE TOURNAMENT THIS IS JUST SO PEOPLE CAN GET A BIT OF AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE RULES
    Last edited by michaelgrundywrestling; 06-12-2011 at 05:30 PM.
    www.mmawrestling.co.uk

Rōnin

I think I'll come to this. Wouldn't it make more sense to use the MMA weight classes though?

Good mate we need more guys like you who want to gain wrestling experience I used these weights because MMA guys wouldn't really be losing weight for a wrestling tournament. Most people would be walking round heavier than the weight they fight at.
    For example a 77kg (welter weight) would walk around at about 85kg so the 86kg weight category in the wrestling tournament is perfect for them to just go in and compete and get a good wrestling experience with out worrying about losing weight.
    www.mmawrestling.co.uk

Rōnin

Yea, I can see what your saying. But you've contradicted that with having day before weigh ins. therefore it makes you think about cutting. Then you've got to do more than normal to get to say 76 or a welterweight is going to be tiny vs a day before 86!??!?! kg guy.

So I still think your weight classes are a bit badly thought out.

(Surely not many welters walk about at 85 really though?)

I have seen some welters walking at 87-88kg. But i am taking your ideas and comments in to account and as its our first tournament its a bit trial and error, also the day before weighing is so it gives me more time to match ppl up in there weights and there will be a same day weighing so when they have weighed in they will be added to the group.

Thanks for your input its appreciated look forward to seeing you at the tournament
    www.mmawrestling.co.uk

Rōnin

lol 88, what the hells wrong with them?

Dont know mate must do some serious weight cutting
    www.mmawrestling.co.uk

I would name your blog the dreamland! While Santa knocks at our door just once per year, you blog is open the whole year – wow!

Rob Gronkowski Jersey kids
    Tim Tebow blue Jersey Womens