Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: me vs the NHS

Hybrid View

steve_langford

Default me vs the NHS

Have you ever fought against the NHS? I'm issuing a grievance against the NHS today. It's serious. But I'm not doing it in the hope of compensation. I'm doing it because I want them to know how much pain they caused to my Mrs, my baby, myself and my whole family.
    I want them to know the emotional damage they have caused us.

Do you think my letter will just get tossed on a pile and forgot about? Will I get a generic 'shit happens' reply?

I have never personally made a complaint but had a look around and this page on the NHS website shows their complaint procedure:-

http://www.nhs.uk/choiceintheNHS/Rig...omplaints.aspx

If they dont come back or just give you a generic reply you can complain to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.
    http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/

They are independant from the NHS so you may get a better response from then and make them look into it more - i would imagine like you say the NHS will probably ignore the first complaint.

Good luck with this and hope you and all your family are ok after having this bad experience.

my mrs has kidney problems and adhesions in the stomach and theyve been messing her around for a few years now. waiting 11 months between appointments and stuff like that so i phoned our local hospital where she was being treated and spoke to someone there and said if something wasnt done i was going to get a solicitor onto it to see if there was any kind of malpractice case there. they sent her a appointment within a week and she was seen probably on average once a month for the rest of that year.

problems not gone away but at least she dont feel like theyre ignoring her now.

You will need a solicitor mate. If you send in a letter it will be ignored and possible used and bog paper.

Get a no win no fee ambulance chaser on those bitches and make them pay.

As Sledge said do it through a solicitor. If you write in it will be dealt with as a complaint, investigated and responded to.

The letter from the solicitor needs to state that you are making a claim against the Trust and the reasons for doing so,
    Strategy can subsitute for talent, but talent will never subsitute for strategy.

"Sometimes hype just isn't enough" Jens Pulver

Dont be scared Homie Plastikman's Avatar

Amazes me that people complain about free health care lol.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Plastikman View Post
    Amazes me that people complain about free health care lol.
    How is it free?
    One who aims high for the future must not be concerned with present loss or gain

Dont be scared Homie Plastikman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimethink View Post
    How is it free?
    When was the last time you went to a GP and were presented with a bill at the end?
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by crimethink View Post
    How is it free?
    You've obviously never lived in a country without free health care. That'd give you your answer.
    For Each A Road, For Everyman A Religion, F**k everything and rumble!

My wife and I had a not too great time the NHS 11 weeks ago when my daughter was born. The way in which they dealt with it was appaling they "forgot" to give her pain killers for hours the day after a C section even though she repeatedly asked and they told her every time she asked that someone would be around in a minute, this went on for 8 hours.

Thats just the tip of the iceburg though.